PDA

View Full Version : We're home and safe! - NEW PHOTOS

Kimberly H
01-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Mia's asleep in her new room (she LOVES the ceiling fan) and Daddy and I are trying to catch up on email before we crash...LITERALLY.

I'll upload more photos when we come back to reality.

EDITED TO ADD: You can see new photos at http://www.picturetrail.com/rabbitwife in both the Our China Journey to Mia and the Family 2004 albums.

LD92599
01-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Welcome home! Glad you all made it home safe and sound ~ can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your trip!

It's been wonderful reading about your journey!

Laura
mom to William

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-24-2004, 11:25 PM
welcome home!!!...go get some sleep...we'll be here and eager to see new pics and get more details when you're rested!!!
Way to go guys!!! you did awesome!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

toomanystrollers
01-25-2004, 02:44 AM
Welcome home Mia!!! Have a good night's sleep :)

Melanie
01-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Welcome Home! How are the big brothers doing doting over the new little one?

yellowdogmom
01-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Welcome Home!

:) Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea

crl
01-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Welcome home!

malie
01-25-2004, 03:19 PM
I was just thinking about you and wondering if you filed you I-600 and got Mia's visa before or after Jan 20 (since as of Jan 20, the USCIS will be sending certificates of citizenship automatically for those children with IR-3 Visas), how nice it would be for you all but not a big deal if it was before of course.

Glad you are home with your little girl. Enjoy

Mommie2MadLyn
01-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear that you are all finally home as one "happy family"!!!!
I can't wait to see new pics when you get a chance to post them. In the meantime, REST UP!!!

Kimberly H
01-25-2004, 08:09 PM
::thud:: Our consulate appointment was the 20th of January. This should be interesting...

hjdong
01-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Kimberly - I'm dying to know what it was like to be in China for the New Year. Did you get to go to any celebrations? My husband and I were there for our 99-00 New Year and that was amazing and it wasn't even a New Year they generally celebrate!

Hope everyone's doing well. We're 10 days from leaving!

Kimberly H
01-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Holly, we didn't see SQUAT! We all had colds by CNY and didn't go outside of the White Swan to watch the fireworks over the Pearl River. The President of China stayed in our hotel that night - too cool!

I'm totally embarassed to say we watched the fireworks on TV. :x

Another mom traveling with us said she was shocked how little decorating there was for CNY. She traveled at Christmas last time and said they decorated more for that than CNY.

malie
01-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Hey Kim,
I check back with ethicanet and actually it says

"The following new procedures will apply to applications for Citizenship for adopted children.

If your child enters the country on or after JANUARY 20, 2004, AND your child enters the US on an ***IR-3*** visa (which will be clearly marked in your child's passport), then you do NOT have to apply for a certificate. Your child's certificate of Citizenship will be received automatically by mail. "

So that means you should get the COC automatically instead of getting a green card and then having to apply for the COC. For the record Luke came in thru San Fran and we could a welcome letter from the USCIS at the beginning of Jan (he arrived Dec 4) and then his green card about 2 weeks later. Of course he's an IR-4 visa so we would not have qualified for an automatic COC anyway BUT it sounds to me like Mia might. One less thing you'll have to do.

:-)

MelissaTC
01-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome home! I am glad you are all safe. Rest up and enjoy your baby! I am so happy that you were willing to share your journey with us. God bless! :)

Kimberly H
01-26-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks! I just posted the info to my travel group's Yahoo site.

momma_boo
01-27-2004, 01:00 PM
I admit that I hadn't been following your journey too closely but I happened upon the "Adoption" folder this morning and saw your post. I looked at the pictures you had posted and I couldn't help but get all misty eyed. It's so wonderful and I could see the love in your eyes. Mia is a lucky girl to get such a great family. Welcome home!

sntm
01-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Kimberly! I never come to this forum but knew about your wait for Mia and saw in the diaper bag forum that she was here. I loved looking at all the pictures -- she is absolutely beautiful and the joy in everyone's faces in all the pics is so heartwarming! Thanks for sharing all of those and best wishes to your whole family!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Melanie
01-27-2004, 06:13 PM
She's such a sweetie. Thanks for sharing your journey. BTW, those shampoo visors work wonders for toddler bathtime around here. ;-)

mik8
01-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks for sharing the momentous event with us in your great journey to China. The pics are just wonderful. Glad to hear you all made it back home safe. Warmest welcome greetings to all of you, especially to Mia.

mamahill
01-28-2004, 05:06 PM
It has been a while since I popped in here, so I missed your initial post, but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME HOME! I got a little teary looking at the pics, too. Beautiful, beautiful! Many congratulations...

celfsh
02-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing--your pics brought tears to my eyes!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

MartiesMom2B
02-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Kim:

I'm so embarrassed to say that I forgot about little Mia coming home until I saw your post in the lounge. She's so beautiful. Congratulations. The pictures are making me cry. They are very inspirational.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03