PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home, Holly and Jamie!

Kimberly H
02-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Holly, we can't wait to hear EVERYTHING!

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Yippee!!! we are thrilled!!! we want pics, stories and all of the details!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

yellowdogmom
02-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Yes, yes...Welcome Home!!!

Melanie
02-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Holly, I know you're busy bonding as a family, BLAH BLAH BLAH, but what about US?! We want to know how you are! (this is tongue in cheek of course).

I hope all is well.

hjdong
02-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome home. We have been crazy -Jamie is not overly thrilled with the idea of sleeping, particularly from midnight to 4 a.m. However, he is rapidly improving (last night was 1:30 to 3:30) with significantly less screaming.If I ever manage to get myself together, I'll post pictures - there's some at the website I mentioned earlier.

He is, of course, wonderful. We had our first pediatrician's visit yesterday and other than needing three shots and more to come, he did fine. I have to say, even his not sleeping has its cute moments. After the screaming fit, when he settles back to sleep, he wakes up about once an hour, cries a little, one of us will go in, and he will immediately drop from his feet straight to sleep.

Our trip was great- but we were so glad to get home. Being first time parents and never spending more than a week in one place is unsettling.

We did go to the orphanage - it was heartbreaking for us but he seemed mostly unaffected. Of course, we had some documents translated that they gave to us when we got home (medical reports) and they had both dates he entered the orphanage and dates he entered foster care - not something that was ever mentioned to us. If he was in foster care, I'll always regret not being able to connect with his foster parents and being able to send them photos and updates. I'm not really clear why China can be so secretive about that?

I could go on for hours, but I want to get to sleep before I have to wake up again! Thanks again to everyone, and I'll start chiming in more again once I have more time. If you have a chance, take a look at the website (I'm sorry, I don't know it but I put it in an earlier post) because I think he's well worth looking at!

Thanks again,

Melanie
02-25-2004, 01:38 AM
I've been following your website. He's such a beautiful child and you all look so happy as a family. Welcome home and don't worry, he'll get into a sleep pattern eventually. =)

mik8
02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
That is just great! So happy for all of you. Rolling the red carpet to welcome you all.