PDA

View Full Version : pictures of Jamie

hjdong
03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi All - We have settled in fairly well now. Jamie is more or less sleeping through the night. Yeah! I finally got my act together to add an avatar, but apparently, there are problems with adding pictures right now? Anyway, I had no luck! However, here is a shutterfly album that I put up. Some are repeats from the weblog, but some are new.

Take care,

Sorry Neve, This is the first time I've done this (no one ever wanted to see pictures of me LOL) but I think this link will work http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34e0ba1a465&notag=1. I'll try it and see.

Yes, that works.

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-06-2004, 10:46 PM
Holly,
We've been thinkimg about you guys...I am dying to see the picures but it is asking for passwords etc...????
Help????...i wanna see:)
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Karenn
03-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Holly-
The pictures are adorable! Jamie is so big! And so cute! He looks really happy, as do you and your DH! I can't wait to show the pictures to Colin tomorrow. I know he'll love them. He gets really excited about other kids his age.

hjdong
03-07-2004, 01:13 AM
Karen - Congratulations to you! You guys must be so excited! We're going to be visiting family in Aug. Hopefully we'll be able to see you.

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Holly,
He is absoltuely the most gorgeous child!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!! Thank y ou for sharing you take marvelous pictures!!!!
Congrats,

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Kimberly H
03-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Holly, Jamie is BEAUTIFUL!! Looks like he's settling in well. Congratulations!!

Fill us in on how it's going...

houseof3boys
03-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Holly they are beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family. :)

MelissaTC
03-07-2004, 08:41 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for you :)

Melanie
03-08-2004, 12:53 AM
I was wondering how you were! Thank you for sharing the photos...he looks so sweet. I am glad that you are getting more rest.

Mommie2MadLyn
03-08-2004, 01:19 AM
Congratulations Holly! I too have been wondering when we would get to see some more pics of Jamie! He is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

heidi_timms
03-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Beautiful photos. Jamie is so cute :)
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

McQ
03-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Holly those pictures are just adorable! Jamie is so sweet and you look so very happy. Thanks for sharing!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

hjdong
03-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi Everyone - Thanks so much. We are really enjoying ourselves. Yesterday was a big day because it was his first time meeting one of our friends (all of our family is out of town, so it was a first big meeting). She has a 3 year old boy, who Jamie totally ignored! But, after an hour he had warmed up to mom. He's still very shy and unsure in new situations - but not at all at home! I was shocked yesterday when I realized it had only been 2 1/2 weeks since we had been home. He's really adjusted so much better and faster than I expected.

My DH has also started going back to work - which has been hard on Jamie (and DH) but he's starting to get used to it. However, if we go anywhere, our conversation in the car goes something like this, "Baba? (chinese for daady)" "Baba's at work honey, momma's here?" "Baba?" "Baba's at work honey. Momma's here." "Baba?" Well, you get the idea.

Something which is nice but also restricting is how rigid his schedule is. I'm wondering if that's a normal kid thing or if its because he was on such a schedule at the orphanage? He has set for himself quite a schedule and let's us now a couple minutes before eating (at 8, 11, 4, & 7 - exactly!) and before bath. Bedtime, on the other hand, he would still be happy to work out of his schedule! But at least he's sleeping once he gets there!

For those in the process, allow me to just say I am completely amazed by how smoothly the adjustment has gone for all of us. I was sure I would think I had made a mistake staying home, that I would resent not sleeping in on the weekends, that he would have a horrible time adapting - and suddenly, just like that, we're a family and none of that matters one iota. I didn't even think about work (which I loved) until someone from work called to see how we were doing. I thought I knew what parents meant when they said "I would die for my child," but I had no idea until now.

Well, enough being sappy! Hope everyone's well.

Kimberly H
03-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Holly, I think some of the rigid scheduling is orphanage and some is just Jamie and his adjustment and/or personality. From our travel group, Mia fell out of her orphanage schedule while in China, 2 other girls not long after they returned home and both boys in our group are still adhering to most of their orphanage schedules.

It sounds as though you, Jamie and DH are settling in just fine. Congratulations again!!

mik8
03-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Holly,

Thanks for sharing us those great pictures. Great photos and what memorable occasion. Jamie, welcome! :)

blnony
03-31-2004, 12:03 AM
Holly-
I'm so glad things are going great. Jamie is one cute little man too. :D

MamaKath
04-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Holly, Congratulations!!! It sounds like your life is fairly typical for those of us with toddlers as far as scheduling. My ds is much more regimented in how things are done for the most part. But both of them were very into schedules when we moved last year, first to my mom's then to a new house. It seemed to keep them grounded. Best of luck! It is amazing how completely you can love them isn't it? :-)

jojo2324
04-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Holly, Jamie is just beautiful!! Congratulations! I was tearing up through the whole slideshow...It is such a gift, for all parties involved!!

Thank you for sharing! :)

Melanie
04-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad things are settling for you.
And for what's it worth, we also often have the same car conversations and Dh has been working as long as Ds can remember. LOL. I think it's wishful thinking. I don't know what it's like where you are, but we try to meet Daddy for work now and then and it's quite a highlight for both of them.