PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry Books and "Adoptive Families" magazine

Lucia
04-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Just received a copy of the Tapestry Books catalogue....what a great source for adoption books! I was really impressed and excited to place an order, plus they will match prices on all their books (so if you find it cheaper on Amazon just e-mail and they will adjust their price). I like how they group their books by ages (good selection for kids and siblings) and by topic. Their website is www.tapestrybooks.com.

I also noticed they had a plug for the magazine "Adoptive Families". Does anyone here subscribe to this magazine? Looks interesting, but would love to have some feedback before ordering.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

crl
04-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Hi Lucia,

I subscribe to Adoptive Families and like it quite a bit. Each issue has articles targeted at adoption issues for different ages of kids along with a fair mixture of other stuff. I even bought my mom a subscription.

HTH,

holliam
04-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Yep, Tapestry books is a great store!

We get both Adoptive Families and Adoption Today. We just started getting them both a few months ago so I haven't yet decided which I like better. It's just great to have adoptive parenting resources so we will probably continue to get them both.

Our agency had copies of a new one that we picked up a week or so ago..I forget the name of it, but it didn't have as much info in it as the others.

Holli

ghs517
04-05-2004, 10:14 PM
I subscribed to Adoptive Families for a while. After a year or so, the articles seemed somewhat similar, though. I think once DD is older (she's 6 mos now) and in school, the articles will have more relevance to our situation.

In addition to Tapestry Books, you may also enjoy the Perspectives Press web site: http://www.perspectivespress.com/

GHS
Mom to Bella, 6 mos.

yellowdogmom
04-06-2004, 11:21 AM
We subscribed to Adoptive Families a few months ago and so far we realy like it. I like th fact that they have a variety of articles aimed at different age ranges and phases and different types of adoption. I have ordered from Tapestry Books and was very pleased, I also have ordered from Adopt Shoppe Books and have been happy too: www.adoptshoppebooks.com