PDA

View Full Version : New photos and medical update!

holliam
04-22-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm so excited. :) We got new photos that I can share. We also got a medical update, and Lily is doing so well. She is gaining weight really well, and is developing normally. We just love her so much. I feel so good that she's doing well with her foster mom.

We really love too that she has a little kitty outfit on. She has 4 feline siblings here at home waiting for her. She is just a natural cat lover!

http://www.holliam.org/Baby/Lily1month.html

Thanks for letting me share,
Holli

smkinc
04-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Holli,

She is so precious!! More positive thoughts for a quick travel time.

Take care,

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03
and our 'first' Curie (6 year old Golden Retriever)

Mommie2MadLyn
04-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Holli, Lily is GORGEOUS! I love her cheeks! Just want to squeeze them...they are so darn cute!:-)

crl
04-22-2004, 07:44 AM
So cute and such great news!

Thanks for sharing with us.

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Oh Holli, I know you are thrilled!!!!
She is just to beautiful!!!!!
So precious!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

emmiem
04-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Beautiful little girl! The children from Guatemala are so beautiful. Where are you in the court process? It took us 6 1/2 months to bring our DD home but that was before the Hague Treaty mess!
Michele

yellowdogmom
04-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh Holli, Lily is just absolutely beautiful!

Those chubby cheeks are just waiting for tons of kisses from you...sending you prayers and positive thoughts for quick processing and travel.

:) Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea
It's a Boy! Theo was born 1/12/2004!
Awaiting his safe arrival home

holliam
04-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Michele,

The Hague Treaty mess is behind us! Most children are coming home around 6 months again, and there are actually a surprising number who are coming home at 4 months. Our lawyer and agency is averaging about 6 months.

Our dossier has been translated, our POA has been registered, and we're being submitted to family court. We still don't have our BCIS approval yet because the one woman who handles it in NC was on vacation for 2 weeks! But, our lawyer typically does DNA the same time the social worker schedules the birth mom interview so it's not holding us up yet.

We've had our referral for just 5 weeks now so we hope to have her home by September. I think we're visiting in June or July.

Holli

kroppink
04-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Hi Holli -- I just realized you're the Holli from the Yahoo Group (after your comment about the woman on vacation at the CIS!!)!! :)

Congratulations!!! The pictures are beautiful!!! How exciting to be receiving photos during the wait!!!! :) :) :)

hjdong
04-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Oh - I know you can't wait to visit and hold her for yourself. Here's hoping the time flies by!

Kimberly H
04-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Holli, I just want to nibble on her cheeks! Lily looks like she's growing well and you must be SOOOOO excited.

holliam
04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I can't tell you enough how good it feels to read your comments. I know many of you have gone down the adoption path or are in process. It's so nice to have your perspectives and support.

Be warned though. I'm a scrapbooker so I am going to have to save all the wonderful comments for Lily's scrapbook! :)

I just keep staring at her little face. :)

Holli

MartiesMom2B
04-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Holli:

I really love her little sleepy poses. OK, I know that she's really asleep. She's so adorable. I'm glad that she's doing well. I can't wait for you to bring her home so we can meet her!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Lucia
04-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Holli,
Thank you for sharing the photos of Lily. She is a little angel! How wonderful that you are able to get photos of her as she grows and changes. You have a beautiful daughter and just think of how wonderful it will be to rock her in your arms, to feel her little finger around yours, to hear her laugh...many, many special moments are ahead for both of you. Good luck with the wait and thank you for the words of advice and encouragement as we start the adoption process.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

amyliv
04-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Lily is so cute!! I want to squeeze her! I hope that she is home to you soon. Amy adopting from Korea

holliam
04-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Karin, that is SO funny! I was just sitting here thinking... hmmm.. Karin + scrapbooking + Russia and then I saw this note.

It is a small world! :)

Holli