PDA

View Full Version : We finally have the last document we need to file Luke's paperwork

malie
04-27-2004, 02:38 PM
at the court house and then wait for the adoption decree. I can't believe it's taken us this long (6 weeks) to actually get it but with the Doctor's vacation and then his father dying and us not actually asking for it right away (we were trying to do one thing at at time and so we were concentrating on getting our taxes done in March..if we have asked him to fill out the paper in early March we would have had it before now)

DH is taking everything down to the court house Thursday morning before work..we've decided against all going because honestly I'm not in the mood to run around downtown Raleigh with a ten month old in tow at 8:00 am in the morning and I just think it will be easier to get everything done faster with DH just by himself

http://www.picturetrail.com/heishome I haven't gotten a chance to update it lately but the password for all the albums is luke

Mommie2MadLyn
04-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Just looked at your photo albums, and Luke is so CUTE!!! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!

amyliv
04-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Those Are Great Cheeks! Glad you got the court stuff done. Congratulations!! Amy, waiting....for a referral from South Korea

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Huge congrats...this is great to hear!!!!!
Keep us updated!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

malie
04-29-2004, 11:41 AM
as DH says the worse thing is the parking. :) (Oh how we love finding parking by the court house). Actually he did pretty good and was upstairs by 8:15 and while the doors were open to special proceedings no one was around so he just sat down and waited (the office isn't suppose to open until 8:30) at about 8:25 someone came out to ask if he was being helped and then papers stamped given a file number and paying the fee and out he goes.

So now we wait for the adoption decree which will take it's own sweet time but we've done everything we have to do

hjdong
04-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Congratulations! Out of idle curiosity, do you know about how long the decree will take?

smkinc
04-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Congratulations! Hope your decree comes through soon!

ETA: Luke is absolutely adorable!!!

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03
and our 'first' Curie (6 year old Golden Retriever)

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-30-2004, 02:24 PM
I just notice we are on the same NC Yahoo group...who did your homestudy????
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

malie
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Since we adopted from Korea through WACAP in Seattle one of the two agencies that places from S. Korea in NC, we had to use Catholic Social Ministries (which is okay we probably would have used them anyway). If we had used the other agency that places in NC (ASIA out of DC) we would have had to use LFS to do our homestudy. S.Korea is one of the only countries I know that actual restricts what agency you can use for the most part by where you live. Of course since they are really the first country that allowed international adoption on a large scale, I guess they figure after 50 years they have a system that works for them :)