PDA

View Full Version : on pins and needles

crl
05-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, the September and early October people started getting their referrals from China yesterday. (This means that the people who sent their paperwork to China last September and early October got information about their baby--China sends things in batches.) It is so great to watch all the referral postings come in.

So we're next! (Our paperwork was logged in by China on 10/22/03) Hopefully we'll get our referral in early June. Just thought I'd give you a little update.

smkinc
05-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Catherine,

How exciting! Hope your referral comes through soon--and you're not on pins and needles too much longer. How long is it from referral to travel now?

When we were looking into adopting in China, they were quoting start to finish times of 22 months, which was just too long for us at the time. Just curious to what the timeline is these days.

Take care,

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03
and our 'first' Curie (6 year old Golden Retriever)

Kimberly H
05-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Mary, the wait is currently about 8 months from DTC to referral and then 4-6 weeks to travel. It took us about 4 months to get our paperwork together but we had LOTS of out-of-state documents to get and South Carolina requires an extra step in the authentication process so it added a good 4 weeks to our time.

Edited to update avatar :)

Kimberly H
05-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Catherine, my new manager is DTC 9/03 so she's waiting for CCAI to give her a call!

Any chance yours is in this batch? I've seen referrals up to 10/11 or so on APC but haven't heard of any that were later.

holliam
05-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh Catherine, that is so exciting! I cannot wait to hear the details!

Holli

crl
05-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Kimberly,

I don't think so. . . . The latest one posted on the Oct. board so far is Oct. 13. Since we're Oct. 22, it looks like we're not in this batch.

crl
05-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Yep, the wait time has come waaay down. When we started, they were saying about a year from the time you sent your paperwork over until referral. With this last set of referrals the wait was a maximum of 8 months--some people waited less. (The early Oct people who just got their referrals waited 6 1/2 months!)

Getting the paperwork together varies a lot and isn't dependant on China--I tthink it would take about the same amount of time regardless of country since the processes seem pretty similar up to that stage. Our biggest hang up there was the Arlington BCIS (or whatever they are calling themselves these days), which took a very looonnggg 11 weeks to process our I171H.

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Oh Catherine this is wonderful news!!!! I can't wait to watch you go thru all of this, how exciting...I honest to goodness can't imagine the joy that you mommies waiting for referals must feel!!!!
Keep us posted...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amyliv
05-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Amy, adopting from South Korea :) Hang in there!!!!!

yellowdogmom
05-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Oh Catherine, you're almost there!!! Sending you vibes for your referral to come soon. How exciting!!!

:) Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea
It's a Boy! Theo was born 1/12/2004!
Awaiting his safe arrival home

crl
05-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement!