PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured it out

candybomiller
05-22-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm sitting here in tears because I've finally realized where/who we're supposed to adopt. We're going to look for a Jewish child to add to our family and love. It finally hit me tonight that thatis what I'm supposed to do.

Did it happen like that for other people? How did you know??

crl
05-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Nope, but every story I've heard about how people know their spouse was the right one was different too. So, why would this be any different? Best of luck to you on your adoption journey.

Kimberly H
05-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Candy, it ws something like that for me too.

My manager has the referral photo of another manager's daughter from China in her office. It's been in the same place since before I started work there 2 years ago. One day I walked into her office, looked up at the photo, and *knew* that we were going to adopt a little girl from China.

I'd seen that photo every day, I knew the story of how she came to join her forever family, I commented on how beautiful she was and on each new photo that came along, but it never hit me the way it did that day.

I saw that sweet girl today as her mommy came to drop some things off at work before they left on vacation and the red thread continues to this day. That mommy is going to be MY manager in the fall. That mommy just received her referral for her second daughter from China, who is just 6 weeks older than my daughter. I'm switching daycares and our little girls will be in the same class together.

You're not alone, Candy :)

smkinc
05-24-2004, 01:14 AM
We were already thinking and researching about adoption when I had my 3rd miscarriage. We had planned to go to an adoption orientation meeting 3 weeks later for a faith based adoption agency. We had been to other orientation meetings, but none of the other programs compelled us to act.

I didn't know I was pregnant (was not too far along and had had AF at the right time), when (to make a long story short) went into emergency surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. It was very odd. It was one of the scariest days of my life, but I also I had this extreme amount of relief that I knew we were going to have our child through adoption and I didn't need to worry about it anymore.

We went to the adoption orientation meeting and started the process. Ironically, DS was concieved at about the same time we were filling out our application.

Adoption is definitely a journey, and my faith in God was strengthend enormously throughout the process. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more, and good luck on your journey!

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Mary reading your post reminds me of us in so many ways.
My ectopic pregnancy was the worst day and scaries day BY FAR of my life. My last miscarriage helped in that we knew were also adopting.

And though I have never been deeply religious by going to church etc... I do have to say that my faith in God has also strengthened greatly in this process...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties