PDA

View Full Version : one step closer!

holliam
07-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Woo! I just got an email from the US Embassy in Guatemala.. not sure how the process works for other countries, but in Guatemalan adoptions, the US Embassy has to issue a pre-approval for a visa before we can enter the final Guatemalan court phase. This basically ensures that we will actually be able to bring Lily home once things complete on the Guatemalan side.

It's a huge step, and the US Embassy has been severely understaffed, causing delays for all families. But, we just got it today. This means we should be entering the final stage soon! Lily could really be home by the end of August (or earlier).

Eek! So happy!!

Holli

momathome
07-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Holli! Congratulations! What terrific news! I hope you will be holding your little girl in your arma very soon!

crl
07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh Holli,

That's fabulous! Lily will be in your arms again so soon. And you'll get to put that diaper stash to use. :-)

Yippee,

smkinc
07-20-2004, 02:12 AM
Yay! Here's hoping for sooner.

Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

jk3
07-20-2004, 04:47 AM
Congratulations! That's only a few weeks away. You must be so excited. I'm wondering how you manage to sleep at all!

Jenn
DS 6/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Keep us posted Holli!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

hjdong
07-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah! It sounds like the embassy there is more together than the one in China. We got the big package they send to people adopting two weeks after we got home with Jamie.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!