PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those that adopted an infant or are adopting an infant from Guatemala?

Renee-Albright
07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
1. What agency did you/are you working with
2. how much did it cost
Renee

holliam
07-20-2004, 01:16 PM
From "G..."? Did you mean Guatemala?

We're in process, and we're using Mandala Adoption Services. I've posted some of the details of our fees in previous posts, but I'd say in general, Guatemalan adoptions cost between $25-30k, including travel, agency fees, homestudy fees, Guatemalan fees, US government fees.

http://www.mandalaadoption.org/

Holli

emmiem
07-20-2004, 02:57 PM
We used Small Miracles International out of Ok. Total fees including homestudy, travel, foreign government, readoption, etc. probably ended up around $22,000. www.smiint.org

Our agency now, FTIA, also does Guatemalan adoptions. We are using them for a China adoption right now. When we started the process in the fall, the Hague Treaty and shutdown in Guatemala was still going on. Their costs are listed right on their website and in their application booklet. www.ftia.org
HTH,
Michele

Renee-Albright
07-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks Ladies..yes i did mean guatemala i didnt relize it cut me off in the subject line. WE have an information packet from all gods children but were just interested in looking at other agencies to see if any were more affordable.
renee

holliam
07-21-2004, 12:31 AM
Michele,

Your adoption was 2 years ago or so, right? My understanding is that the Guatemalan lawyer fees have risen significantly in the past year. Now that the process is moving well again after the Hague this seems to have happened. I wonder if the costs with your agency would be the same for Guatemala right now; I'd be surprised!

------------
Back to the original question though.. I wouldn't necessarily choose the least expensive agency. Post your question about specific agencies at forums.adoption.com in the Guatemalan board. People can't post publically but they can send you private messages.

I know that Children of the World seems to be a large and popular agency. I can't really remember any other details about the other agencies at this point. I'd get info packets and details from several though!

Good luck!

Holli