PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get their FBI fingerprints rejected

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-23-2004, 06:28 PM
rejected meaning the quality was not good enough...the gal who took ours today said that mine are light and that my grooves are small and that she suspected mine would get rejected...
UGHHHHHHH- so there goes more time...evidently they will do it twice before concluding they can't get better.

My local SBI prints were done on a computer and though it took her forever because the machine kept rejecting them, she did go ahead and submit with some fingers rejected and we got an SBI clearnce letter...

So now this FBI one was done the old fashion way with ink...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Holli thank you!!!!
I just found out that they were readable!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!
Processed quicly arrive yesterday resulted and returned today!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

jubilee
07-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Now that your fingerprints are readable, your future as a thief is over Neve! :) I'm so glad that you didn't run into a time delay with the fingerprinting!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-30-2004, 10:48 PM
So funny Steve said the exact same thing :)

I would have gone mad if they were not readable.
I kid you not about 15 years ago I was working in the ER and we got a criminal who had stole something and while running from the police had a heart attack...he was on a vent right after arriving to the ER and they had no ID on him. the local police finger printed him and faxed the prints to the FBI using one of those old old old fax machines and we had the guy ID'd by the end of the day...
so surely todays technology could read my prints...
I am just so happy they were not rejected!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

lfp2n
08-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm glad they were OK- I had mine done 4 times!!! for my green card at some local low security prison, 3 hours drive away in the middle of VA- it looked like something out of the second world war.
It was awful they did it with graphite on a card finger by finger, and they kept being rejected a month later by the FBI, I started to get a complex!

Lucy DD 3/03

loewymartin
08-02-2004, 03:15 PM
A guy I work with is adopting from Poland. His FIL lives with them and is old enough that his prints have worn away - his prints have been delaying their process :-( I'm not sure where they are at now, but it has been very frustrating for them.

I'm glad to hear yours were read and you are continuing on with the process! Hopefully your January timeframe works out and your house will be filled to briming with kids next spring :-)

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

McQ
08-03-2004, 01:55 PM
For work I've had to get finger printed many times and have a back ground check run. And it just creeps me out that I have a "file" out there on me.

But yes, finger prints get rejected every so often. Even with the new fangle machines. But glad yours didn't and you're this much closer to getting the rest of your family!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04