PDA

View Full Version : Couple in Ukraine having homestudy problem- can you help?

jubilee
08-01-2004, 03:18 AM
This couple is having trouble completing the adoption and they are IN the Ukraine right now. Apparently they can't verify their social worker has the authority to do homestudies! I am just horrified for them and the trouble they are in. They are from Texas and are asking for any help with finding out who can help them. Here's their journal-
http://beccaandcraig.tripod.com/id2.html

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-01-2004, 10:03 AM
That poor family...
I hate to day this but some of the mistakes could have been avoided it is drilled in our heads to not have documents that expire, so I am shocked that her police clearance letter expired while there, I mean if she was in the country more than 6 weeks or so maybe but you know you'll be there about 3 weeks so to not get that updated shocks me some. It's a pain but we all know that is not an option to have paperwork that is over 12 months old (Ukriane rules, most are 18).

I also think this SWer (Social worker who does the Homestudy) should be handling the other problem and making the calls etc...she might need to make several calls but she is the one who should be doing that work on this end. I know our letter came from the Dept of Health and Human Services, and that we have such a letter and were instructed to have it.

The typo in the Medical Form I wish she shared what the typo was is it that they declare her free from HV vs HIV or something like the word negative saying negtive...

Anyway don't get me wrong this is very saddening, and things were going so well for them BUT I suspect that judge is holding out for a payment of sorts...SADLY...
I will check the Ukraine boards and see if they are out there with this message so Texans might know where to direct her...I also think they should make a call to their representative, Senator or Congressman...they don't need anyone to "know" them to utilize what they can do...

UGHHHH...I am happy they have found their child though...that would be the biggest grief to me, the rest of this will work out but it will take a lot of efforts...

We already have a team lined up to make calls, run errands etc... if we need it done...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-01-2004, 06:40 PM
I just went to a picnic in Raleigh that was for NC folks who have adopted from Ukraine or are about to...we had a good 70 people there and estimated that we had over 25 children!!!!!

90% of the folks used the facilitator that this couple is using (I was a slight exception), it seems this group is scrambling to try to help them so I think things will work out. I didn't realize they are in the tough "region" which everyone avoids, oddly I am seeking to go to this region since folks avoid it so and thus great referrals are to be had there...

Fingers are crossed for them!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine