PDA

View Full Version : Adoption journals

Lucia
08-04-2004, 04:16 AM
I love reading all of the journals that have been posted recently. How do you find them? Any suggestions on how to find journals about adoptions in Taiwan and/or China?

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Lucia,
I hope someone else will know more about Taiwan and/or China for you.
I ALWAYS stress I know ZERO about any other country than Ukraine, and feel as versed with their procedure as can possibly be...

But I find my Ukraine journals on my Ukraine message boards, most of which are "yahoo groups". They are folks posting saying they are leaving and here is their website.

With that said I have wondered if journals from countries that allow preselection are as common place as journals from countries that do not. I would hope so for a journey is a journey, but I think it has become popular in Ukraine to do so since friends and family back home have no idea the gender the age etc... of children you adopt, also when someone says they are going to a certain region others can chime in and tell them what to expect...

Start signing up for some yahoo groups and you'll fine them...
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

jubilee
08-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I am becoming a journal addict! The best journal site I've found on China adoption is www.thestoryofyou.com Just *today* a bunch of couples left to get their babies, so the journals will really be exciting. It's a very cute site but doesn't give the background on the adoptive family, but you can follow their daily adventure though the adoption. I just recently joined a yahoo group on China Adoption, and haven't yet seen anyone post their journal link. But if your interested in joining- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/a-parents-china/

Lucia
08-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks Neve and Julie! I belong to a few different yahoo groups including the China one you mentioned, but I haven't noticed any links to journals. I will have to check out the "story of you" website. Neve, you might be right about the different adoption process having an impact on the type of journaling that happens or that gets posted. I love reading the ones about the Ukrainian experiences, but would love to read some on Asian adoptions since that is where we are headed.

Isn't it amazing how our lives have changed since the internet arrived?! These journals are such an amazing way to share the adoption journey with others and also a great way to document an important part of a child's life. I get chills thinking about how excited I would be as a child to be able to read all of the details about how I was connected with my parents.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-05-2004, 09:21 PM
My friends have the cutest story..they adopted a 6 and 7 year old.
They tell the boys that they arrived in Ukraine and asked for "the most wonderful boys in all of Ukraine"...and that they searched and searched the records for "the most wonderful of boys"...

The story goes on and the term "the most wonderful" is used thru out :)

To this day they ask mommy to repeat the story often :)
And I have to say they are clearly the most wonderful of little boys...I call them "the little Ambassadors" :)
They are what opened our hearts to adopting "older" children. As always I hate that term for children are children...but I suspect we will not becoming home with babies and these little guys are 100% the reason we opened our minds up to children of school age.

It is amazing what the internet can do...and how it takes down intimidating walls etc...honestly if it was not for the internet and possibly even the BBB I am not certain we'd be doing this...I am so excited for all of us!!!!
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine