View Full Version : Disappointing news for a couple in the Ukraine

jubilee
08-13-2004, 04:05 AM
They might not get to adopt the two boys they were matched with. :(
http://www.horizonchristianchurch.com/Hartley%20Adoption.htm

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-14-2004, 05:00 PM
So sad...
They gave no hint of when the 12 months is up (or atleast I didn't notice), I wondered if it is in a few weeks, or months or what...

There appears to be some problems at the NAC, inspections last week, a sudden illness or vactation from the director (different rumors)...and I have concluded that summer is NOT the time to go there for several reasons...

I dread going in the winter, but have concluded it is the time to go...

Let's hope things get better there...
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
*Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

jubilee
08-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm sad for the couple, but I'm really, really sad for the two boys. I think this would be SO incredibly hard on them, and they don't understand they are not being "abandoned". I can't get this out of my mind.

I am certainly no expert, but I was thinking the same thing about your timing. Kids gone to summer camp and siblings split up because of that, directors gone on vacation, etc... summer seems hard to have a uncomplicated adoption in the Ukraine. My fingers are crossed for you!

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-17-2004, 11:48 AM
with kids...
courts was today and they posted two hours before...sadly it is evening there and I am worried that they have not updated yet (considering such huge news and all of us pulling for them)...

*Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

kransden
08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
I am so hoping they got the kids and haven't had time to post.

FYI most of europe goes on holiday in August, so it is the worst time to get anything done over there.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-17-2004, 01:16 PM
I dread being over there in ice storms on roads with no seatbelts...but I have concluded there is no way I'd go in the summer...the journals lately have had nitemares of experiences...

Gee wish we could all go on vacation for August!!!...

mharling
08-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Wow, I just read their whole story. I can't imagine the emotions that they have been through. I am praying that they got the kids; the pic at the end made my heart stop. Beautiful kids and they look like they all belong together, don't they?

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 Due 3/2/05
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-17-2004, 07:18 PM
It's tucked under the family picture!!!!

mharling
08-18-2004, 11:03 AM
YIPPEE!!! I am so happy and relieved for them. :)

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 Due 3/2/05
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

kransden
08-18-2004, 01:12 PM
I can't believe you're going over there that pregnant. I would wait until after the baby is born just in case there are complications. I was extremely paranoid my last trimester. But as we all know I am not you :) and I wish you the easiest, fastest adoption there ever has been!

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

Tondi G
08-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I am SO SO happy that they were able to go through with adopting their two boys!!!! WOO HOO!

I truely hope you don't run into any trouble over there Neve and that it is smooth sailing for you and Steve!!!!! You should begin stocking up on things now... playdoh, balls, jump ropes.... I am thinking 99cent/dollar stores... oh and maybe hit Costco before you go and pick up a bunch of lolly pops and such... ooh or even stock up after the Halloween candy goes on sale!!!!

Good Luck to you!
~Tondi

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-20-2004, 05:12 AM
Tondi, thank you ...you are always so sweet and have been such a great cyber friend for me over the past few months, I think of you often and hope all is well with you and family...you know where to reach me if you ever want to talk :) I swear I feel like I know you!

OHHHH such a fabulous idea about after Halloween...and bubbles I heard they love bubbles!!!!
I so hope we have a smooth trip, it is so weird I have this false sense of security that it will for some reason...my only fear is INS getting me back my paperwork so that I get a January travel date. folks whose paperwork is there, translated and registered are getting Jan dates...and I suspect I won't get my paperwork back for about 6-8 weeks. I feel like my facilitator has the connections to get me in (possibly due to the pregnancy) BUT those "connections" at the NAC don't seem to be helping many these days and if they are overthrown or something will the same case still hold true...

There is nothing that would break my heart more...
I think I am calling Senator Dole's office tomorrow to ask for their help. I'll just have to pretend I'm a Republican :)...I am assuming Dole's office isn't as busy as Edwards right now :)