PDA

View Full Version : we might lose lily

holliam
08-19-2004, 01:21 PM
I've hesitated posting this but at this point I'm making myself physically ill from worry so I'd appreciate all of you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers today.

We learned on Monday that Lily's birthmother may be terminating the adoption and reclaiming Lily. It's a very long and complicated story that really has less to do with Lily and more to do with the birthmother and some unfortunate news she has gotten.

Our lawyer in Guatemala and a social worker are meeting with the birthmother today to try to get a resolution on this. My heart is breaking for the birthmother and her situation, and I am totally devastated for us, and I'm worried sick about Lily's future.

I hope to have an update tomorrow, but I might have to go the entire weekend not knowing.

This week has been one of the worst ever, comparable only to when we we were struggling with our only pregnancy which was very difficult and ultimately ended with a miscarriage just before my 2nd trimester...that was exactly 3 years ago at this exact same time of the year.

I am skipping the months of August-November for the rest of my life. This is too painful.

Holli

Roleysmom
08-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Holli, I am so, so very sorry that you are going through this. My heart fell even lower reading that you might have a weekend of not knowing what is happening with little Lily. I wish I knew what to say to provide you some comfort.

It feels awful when devastating events cluster together. July and August are the months that I dread because they mark sad anniversaries for me. I'm so sorry that you are going through this at this time.

I'm thinking about you!

Paula -- mom to Roley Julia, January '02

JElaineB
08-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Oh no, Holli. I am very sorry for the turmoil you are going through. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Big hugs to you and your husband.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Bethann31
08-19-2004, 02:52 PM
OMG Holli! I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and hoping and praying. I can't imagine what you are going through, but please know that you are in many people's prayers.

By the way, both my mom and my grandma, plus my DH's mom and grandparents all died in October. We try to skip that month too.

Beth

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
and Katherine 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030604/3/4/1/-5/.png

amp
08-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Awww, Holli - That is some of the worst news I've heard in awhile. Hugs to you and your family and to little Lily. I have my fingers crossed, and anything else crossable, that she comes home to you soon. Please know that we are praying for you guys.

mharling
08-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Holly -
My heart started aching when I read your subject. I will say prayers for you as you struggle with the unknown. I'm wishing you the best and strength for the days and months ahead. Big cyber hugs are headed your way.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

hjdong
08-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. I'll pray that everything works out for you.

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
I am crying for you...I was up in Raleigh today and so wish I knew this before I left I would have come to get you and treated you to lunch or a massage or anything. Though that is nothing to offer...my ear and shoulder would have been there, just some time to talk.

I can not imagine what you are going thru, I just can't...please email me off line if you need to talk I'll call you and do anything I can for you!!!!!!
Please keep us updated for you know we are all in pain for you...

ALL OF MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE HEADED YOUR WAY...EVERY LAST OUNCE OF THEM....

Hugs,
Neve O
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
*Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

MartiesMom2B
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh Holli! My heart is breaking for you and your husband. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm hope everything will be resolved in your favor.

Sonia

jbowman
08-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Holli--

Hugs to you! I can't imagine what you are going through, but I am so sorry. I truly hope that everything works out and that Lily will stay with you.

I will keep your family in my prayers.

jk3
08-19-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm so sad for you. I'm in tears reading your post and I can't imagine what you are going through. I've enjoyed reading your updates + seeing your pictures. I hope this is resolved and that you are happy with the outcome. I don't really know what to say other than I'm thinking about you + really hoping for you.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

kthomp
08-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Holli,

I know you don't know me, but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am. I truly hope everything works out.

My DH is adopted and my MIL told me that when his sister (also adopted) was a baby, right after they brought her home, the birthmother wanted her back. She ended up changing her mind, knowing that it was best for the baby to stay with my in-laws.

I am praying for you. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road to bringing your baby girl home.

Hugs from me and Ally.

papal
08-19-2004, 05:09 PM
:(
Oh Holli.. i have tears just reading your post.. i cannot imagine the pain you are in..sending big hugs your way.. i wish i could do more. You and your family and little Lily and her birthmom will be in my thoughts. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

ismommy
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Holli,

I don't know what to write except to say I will keep positive thoughts that Lily will come home with you. Just last night I was telling my mom about some of our adoption stories and was talking about you and Lily. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Please let me know if I can help in anyway.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

rrosen
08-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Holli-
My heart is breaking for you. I will be praying for your sweet Lily.

I wish I could help ease your pain. Please know I will be thinking of you.

Mommie2MadLyn
08-19-2004, 05:39 PM
Holli, I am so sorry that you and your husband are being dealt this difficult blow. I know that is an understatement, but I do not know the correct words to describe the pain you must be feeling. As others have stated, I have enjoyed following your story and have been keeping you all in my thoughts. I wish you and your family the best, and I will be keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully, Lily will be coming home to you very soon.

sugarsnappea
08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Holli,

I am so sorry. All of my positive thoughts are with you and your family. ((HUGS))

marinkitty
08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Holly,

I am so sorry to hear this news. I cannot imagine how heartwrenching this must be for you and your DH. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers this weekend, hoping that this all works out for the best.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

StaceyKim
08-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Holli,
((((hugs))))
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I cannot imagine what you are going through.
My thoughts are with you and I hope things work out for you and Lily.
Keep us posted!

pritchettzoo
08-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Holli, I am so sorry. We'll be thinking about you and your family.

Anna

mommd
08-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Holli,

I am very sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

chlobo
08-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Holli,

We will keep you in our prayers this weekend. Hoping for a good resolution.

holliam
08-19-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm so angry. The agency just called to inform us they had the appointment date wrong. We have to wait another full week to hear a thing.

This is pure torture. I cannot even verbalize how we feel.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means the world to us.

Holli

MommytoDylan
08-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Holli,

You have my prayers. I am so sorry!

Meredith

ALLEYCAT
08-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Oh Holli, I wish there was someway to speed up time.
I wish there was someway to help you and I wish you only the best in this process.
You are all in our prayers.

lizajane
08-19-2004, 07:30 PM
holli-

my heart sank. if we are having a girl, her name will be lily. it makes me feel SO sad. i will pray for the birthmother and for a resolution to her situation that allows for lily to go to the best place. (of course, i think that is YOU!!!!!) you are definitely in my thoughts.

wagner36
08-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Oh Holli, I am so terribly sorry for you and Liam. Please know that we're thinking about you....

kelly ann
08-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Holli-

We will say an extra prayer for you, DH, and Lily tonight - so sorry.

cuca_
08-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh Holli, this is so sad. I can't imagine how you and your husband must feel. I hope that the birthmother changes her mind. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

Carmen
DD May 2003

sbjf
08-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Oh Holli, I will be keeping you and your dh in my prayers, as well as Lily and her birthmother. What a tough situation for everyone. I hope soon all is more clear and happiness will soon follow with it.

(((((((HUGS))))))

Rachels
08-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Oh,no, Holli, that's devastating. I am so incredibly sorry you are going through this. It's tremendously unfair and awful. You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/2/character39.gif

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

mudder17
08-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Holli,

You don't know me, but I have been following your story for some time right now, and my heart is breaking at hearing your news. I'll be saying prayers for you, Liam, Lily and her birthmother. Sending some cyber hugs your way.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
born 22 February 2004

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050222/2/16/0/+10/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif Breastfed 3 months and counting

http://www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya

janeybwild
08-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Holli, hugs to you at this most desperate and heart wrenching time. You are in my prayers.

vpalmer
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Holli,

I am so sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Veronica
Mom to Eva

redhookmom
08-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Holli,
My heart aches for you and your family. You have been in my thoughts ever since you made your trip to Guatelmala. You will continue to be in my prayers and I will ask my ds to pray for a specical little girl and her family.

Jessica

smomom
08-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Oh sweetie. My heart is breaking for you. I truly hope that everythiing works out so that Lily can some come home to you. You, your family, and little Lily are in my thoughts.

Please take some comfort in knowing that so many of us care and wish all the best for you.

Tondi G
08-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Oh Holli my heart is breaking for you.... how devistating to find all this out after all the time you've had dreaming about bringing your little girl home!!!!!

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the meeting turns out in your favor next week. Please keep us posted! Good Luck

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01
and my 2 ~i~ (11/03) and (4/04)

Jacksonvol
08-20-2004, 12:07 AM
Holli, I am so sorry this has happened. We will pray for your family, Lily and her birthmother.
Lisa

parkersmama
08-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Oh, Holli. I am so sad for you and sweet, precious Lily. I will be praying that everything works out for you. You are all in my thoughts.

RwnMayfair
08-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Ugh, I can't imagine having to go through what you're going through. :( Just reading about it makes me tear up. I sincerely hope it all works out in the end, and that it is of course a happy ending for you all.

You all are in our thoughts.

::BIG hugs::

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png

tarahsolazy
08-20-2004, 01:01 AM
I have nothing to add but my support, I pray you get to bring her home soon.

almostamom
08-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Oh, Holli, my heart is breaking for you. Please know that you and your darling little Lily are in the prayers of many tonight and throughout the days to come.
~Linda~
Baby #1 due Nov 17, 2004

TaChapm
08-20-2004, 01:36 AM
I'm so sorry! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything works out!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

lrucci
08-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Oh Holli, this is awful. My heart aches for you and what you must be going through. I know this will be the longest week of your life and I truly hope that you get news that you hope for. I will pray that everything turns out for the best.

Hugs to you!!!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

jec2
08-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Holli,

I posted in the MDC thread the other day, but will let you know here too that I am thinking of you and sending you a big, warm hug. Hold each other tight. I hope Lily finds her way to you soon.

jubilee
08-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Holli, I can only echo what so many have already said- I am so sorry. Hopefully, all will turn out alright. Lily already has a home in your heart, and she will have a cherished place in your family. I will keep praying she will be delivered to your loving arms soon.

Saartje
08-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Holli, I am so sorry for your loss. (I put this in the present tense while hoping things will work out in your favour nonetheless, because you have already lost a great deal of peace of mind.)

I have been watching your adoption process through your posts here since I first started lurking here. My thoughts will remain with you.

Melanie
08-20-2004, 01:51 AM
Oh Holli, I am so sorry. I will pray that she decides to continue with the adoption and that all the officials get their wheels moving so she will be home soon!

Are you visiting her now?

Melanie

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://lilypie.com/baby3/011106/1/2/0/-8/.png

tina-t
08-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. I am so sorry that you all have to go through this.

kijip
08-20-2004, 03:26 AM
You are so brave to weather the ups and downs of the adoption process. I hope very much that Lily is home with you soon!

tippy
08-20-2004, 03:36 AM
Oh Holli! I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you and Lili in my prayers and hope for a positive resolution for everyone.

cinrein
08-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Holli,
I'm so sorry this happened. I will certainly keep your family in my prayers. I will also pray that time flies by for you. (((HUGS)))

Cindy and Anna February 2003

emmaandgeorge
08-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Holli, I am glad that you posted this, as I have found that this group of women are incredible in their support. As everyone else has said, I am very sorry for this terribe pain you are experiencing. I pray that it all works out for you and for Lily. I also pray that you have the strength to make it through the next week. Again, I am very sorry uou have to go through this.

Dscvrlifewith3
08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Holli,

I think of you everytime I pink up a peice of Twinkle Fabric. I am so sorry you are going through this and that you are in this stage of limbo. Adoption is such a roller coaster but it sounds like this is more like the Tower of Terror for you.

My heart goes out to you!!! I will be sending positive vibes to both you and Lily!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

alkagift
08-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Holli,
All my prayers are for you today. The best of everything to you and your DH.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

nathansmom
08-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Holli-
I am so very sorry. I can't even imagine how your emotions must be twisting around inside. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Hugs-
Norah

zuzu
08-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Oh, Holli. How devastating! Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and DH and sending you strength and hope, and lots and lots of hugs!

Hope you hear good news soon!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

Tori_s mom
08-20-2004, 07:52 PM
I'll definitely be keeping you all in my thoughts. I hope you get wonderful news that Lily will be here soon.

Tasha

Mom to Tori (3/11/04)

toomanystrollers
08-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Holli,
We're thinking of you and sending you postive "sticky adoption" vibes!!! I hope her birth mother can see what a wonderful future Holli will have you.

McQ
08-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Holli - I'm so sorry!!! This stinks in just a big way. Will be wishing for a speedy week and that you get good news soon so you can bring your little girl home.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

kensjen
08-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Oh Holli! We are all thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I hope Lily will be able to come home with you, you are her mama!
Take care, and come here anytime you need us.

bluej
08-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh Holli, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope that everything gets worked out and that you will indeed have your sweet Lily home with you soon.

ghs517
08-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Holli,

I am so sorry to read of your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very trying time.

GHS, adoptive mom to Bella

new_mommy25
08-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Holli, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking about you. Please let us know the minute you have an update. <<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>

kwc
08-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Oh Holli, I am so so sorry.
I wish I had more to offer you than my tears and my prayers. Good luck with getting through these next few agonizing days, and I hope that your family will be reunited soon.

Karen

Momof3Labs
08-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Holli, I'm so, so, sorry about this news. I hope that everything works out and Lily will be reunited with you soon.

cvharris
08-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Lots of hugs your way!!! I hope this week goes by quickly and you receive some good news. We will be praying for you and your family!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

amyliv
08-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Holli, we will be praying for you and your Lily.Be sure to take care of yourself during this time. Amy

egoldber
08-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Holli, I was away all last week, and I just saw this. I am so very sorry for what you have been going through. I am hoping that this all works out for you.

sidmand
08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Dear Holli,

I too have been following your story although not posting much, but I had to write and tell you that your family will be in my thoughts as well.

I know it's not much comfort, and waiting any time, let alone an entire week must be awful beyond words. But I hope knowing that you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of so many people, including people you didn't even know, gives some small amount of hope and comfort.

Debbie

yellowdogmom
08-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Oh, Holli, my heart sank when I read the title of your post...I'm in tears for you right now. I wish I had something helpful or comforting to say, but I'm at a loss...you and Lily will continue to be in my prayers.

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

mary b
08-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Holli,

I just saw this.. I am SO sorry for everything you and your DH are going through and my heart is aching for you!!

Please take care and I will keep you in my prayers!!

Mary

kcimato
08-24-2004, 12:34 AM
I have just returned home after a trip to see my new GS who arrived from Guat last week. I know a little about what you are going through. Once you get that referral that child is yours and you begin planning and dreaming about them. I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers.

smkinc
08-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Holli,

After your last post, I was so hoping your next news would be better. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this. You, Lily and Lily's birthmother will be in our prayers.

Take care,
Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

Diane B
08-24-2004, 10:35 AM
You and your husband are in my prayers.

holliam
08-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey gals,

Words cannot express how much I appreciate your support. I started a blog for our updates. We had one today. It was kind of neutral. Feel free to just post to our blog so I don't clog up the forum.

http://www.holliam.org/b2evolution/blogs/Adopt/adopt_blog.php

Holli

jubilee
08-26-2004, 10:25 PM
yeah!!! I'm so thrilled that everything is going back on track!!

ismommy
08-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Holli,
I am so exc ited to hear that Lilly will be coming home!!! I kept checking and am just thrilled to see the good news. You should make a seperate post so all of us can share your joy
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

jk3
08-27-2004, 01:04 AM
That's great news! I know how hard it can be to stay positive but it sounds like everything is moving in the right direction. Lily is lucky to have parents like you. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

mharling
08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
This sounds like a move in the right direction and for that I am happy!

And don't be silly to think you're clogging up the forum! :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

crl
08-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Oh Holli,

I'm so sorry you've been having such a struggle. I'm hoping and praying that everything goes well for you and your husband and little girl from now on.

Catherine

Melanie
08-27-2004, 05:57 PM
great news!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
http://lilypie.com/baby3/011106/1/2/0/-8/.png

amp
08-27-2004, 06:34 PM
We've been thinking of you a lot and continue to pray that you bring Lily home soon.

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Our fingers are crossed...this sounds like wonderful news!!!! We can't wait to celebrate with you!!!

Thoughts have been with you all!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
*Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

yellowdogmom
08-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Woo Hoo! What great news...I'll continue to pray for you all. I can't wait until we all can rejoice that Lily is home, that day is coming, Holli!

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

ktdid74
08-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Oh Holli- that's awesome news- I got goosebumps :) I just know Lily will be home with you guys soon! I'm staying positive for you :) Please keep us posted! Your tights are on the way- you'll have to post pics of her in them (how's that for positive and optimistic!)

kijip
08-28-2004, 01:40 AM
I am so glad to see positive news!