PDA

View Full Version : Neve, how is the adoption journey now?

jubilee
09-15-2004, 04:58 AM
I noticed you have a new sig that says going to Ukraine in 1/05... is it offical?!

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks for asking...it's not official but it seems highly possible per our facilitator. There is a lot (A LOT) going on in the adoption world of Ukraine right now and evidently some investigations into the NAC and the director etc... I think a lot of it is rumor but she did take a sabatical of sorts for two weeks and rumor is high that she might be replaced in the near future. That scares me some in that my facilitation team has great contacts in her but they appear to be so ethical and well respected thru out Ukraine that I hope that they will have them even if she is replaced.

We held off sending off our dossier last week till we knew the sex of the baby I am carrying...granted you can't pick out what sex you conceive but atleast it helped us to decide if we should Petition to Adopt a girl in the sibling group or not. It wouldn't matter to me but wanting a girl there is "harder" to get and thus might not make them work with me as much.

I am waiting for one document to come in from the licensing group here in NC since I noticed the date of their letter saying that my SWer was lciensed was Jan 2003 and the letter can not be over 1 year old when I travel. That should come today, then I fed ex it to the county the notary was in, they county seal it, fed ex it back and then I take all of my paperwork to the Secretary of State for Apostile and then I hope to kiss tha package off to Ukraine on Monday. I have hired a state side facilitator to check it for me so assuming he can do that this weekend.

It will take about 10 days and then on for translation and then to the NAC where depending if they had their Wheeties that day can decide if they even "care" that a pregnant women needs to complete travel by Feb 18th.

Thank you for asking...I just hope it works out, it will be crushing if it does not...

So on pins and needles...but optimistic...
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 1/05

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

amp
09-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Oooh, thanks for all that info! I knew you were waiting on lots of things that are so behind the scenes for us. It's interesting to hear all the stuff going on right now. So much paperwork and details to attend to! Is it terribly stressful to have to keep track of all of that? thanks for the update. I think about your journey and your family daily. Hugs!

ismommy
09-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Neve,
Thats so exciting. So much involved and such lucky children waiting for you in the Ukraine. Please keep us posted.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05