PDA

View Full Version : man, it's easy to forget all the paperwork steps!

holliam
09-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Not sure if everyone has heard, but we still have a fighting chance to get Lily home (birthmother re-appeared).. but we have no idea when/where/how it will happen. All we can do is be patient.

So, in the meantime, we decided to start another adoption! LOL I think we're probably insane, but it feels like the right thing. Since Lily's case is still in progress, it means double the paperwork. So, we're racing to put together a second dossier. Luckily I have copies of everything but we still have to get new originals made, have them notarized, get the authentications/apostilles, and then get the Guatemalan certifications all before they can leave the country. I'm hoping we'll be done in about 3-4 weeks. I'm working on the out of state stuff now.

But, the point of my message is.. we just did this in February, and I cannot believe how much I had forgotten already! It's so easy to forget these things.

Anyway, I'm hoping and hoping that we will have 2 Guatemalteca babies home one day!

Holli

ismommy
09-20-2004, 11:06 PM
I have been checking your blog but its nice to read the good news here. I love that latest Lilly photo.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

icunurse
09-21-2004, 11:52 AM
I was going through the closet the other day and came across our "adoption binder".....it is amazing how much we had to do (and I know international adoptions have even more). Just wait until you have your babies home with you and you start to forget the anger/hurt/fear/frustration that you had during the process (yes, it does happen). Fingers and toes are crossed for you - let us know how things are going!
Traci
~Connor's Mom~