PDA

View Full Version : OMG - Holli - Congrats/I'm sorry

hjdong
09-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Wow - Holli I just read your blog. First, congrats at your new referral. Do you know when this will be completed? I'm sure you won't be comfortable until she's safely home with you.

I'm in shock - I'm sure you are as well. I vacillate between pity for Lily and horror at her birhtmother. I know it must be hard for her. But she doesn't want Lily and won't give her up.

I'll be thinking of you, Liam, Marisol (soory, I forgot her first name already!), and Lily.

smkinc
09-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Oh, Holli,

What a bittersweet day. Congratulations on your referral!! All of you will continue to be in our prayers. Especially hoping that Lily stays safe and well cared for and Wendy Marisol is home soon! You have had one of the hardest adoption experiences I have ever had direct knowledge of, and deserve smooth sailing from here on out.

Take care,
Mary
Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03

Mommie2MadLyn
09-24-2004, 01:38 AM
Congratulations Holli! I too have been following your story, and your family deserves the best! You have been through such an emotionally draining experience, and yet you remain strong. That really does say a lot about your relationship with Liam and any child would be lucky to join such a loving family. I hope that Wendy Marisol is home with you soon and I can't wait to see her picture!

I'm also very sorry to hear the news about Lily. Hopefully she will grow up to be loved and cared for the way she deserves.

jk3
09-24-2004, 02:48 AM
Congratulations on the new referral. Wendy Marisol is lucky to have you as parents. I feel so sorry for Lili and hope that there is still some way she can be with you someday. Wishing you lots of luck and easy, joyous times in the months ahead.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

ismommy
09-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Holli,

Waht wonderful news about Wendy - how amazing that you dreamed of the name Marisol. I cant wait to see photos. I will keep Lily in my thoughts and hope she is well taken care of and loved
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

sidmand
09-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Holli,

Congratulations on the referral. That seems so meant to be with your dream! I'm sorry to hear about Lily. I hope everything works out in the best possible way for all of you.

Take care,
Debbie

egoldber
09-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh Holli, what a rollercoaster you have been on! Congrats on your new referral and I am so sorry to hear the latest on Lily. I hope she is well cared for.

amp
09-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Holli - I know this process has been heartbreaking for you. I am so sorry about Lily. I hope that she will continue to be loved as much as she has been loved in these first several months of her life.

And congratulations on your new referral! Your story of the dream and your feeling of connection to Wendy Marisol touched my heart. Obviously she will never replace Lily, but I hope that some of this joy helps to heal your hearts.

crl
09-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Congratulations on the new referral and I'm so sorry about Lily. Sending you good thoughts!

lfp2n
09-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Congratulations Holli I've been following your story here and on your Blog- Wendy is absolutely beautiful.

At the same time I'm so sorry to hear about Lily and will keep her in our thoughts.

Lucy and DD 3/03

calebsmama03
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Holli -
WHat wonderful news about the new referral! You truly deserve the best!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]

holliam
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey, thanks.. I've missed this thread before.

We are starting over, and we can lose Wendy too. I'm still so depressed about Lily. I am not able to be hopeful about Wendy. I refuse to put a timeline on any of it.

I told my agency I guess we were just going to keep requesting new referrals until we finally managed to bring a baby home. That's just how I feel I guess.

I'm kind of numb, really. I don't feel much like celebrating, which makes me feel so sad for Wendy. I just cannot be hurt again like I was with Lily. It nearly killed me. So, I just am limping along cautiously.

We are going to visit her though, but a little later in the process. I can't not visit, and I'm hoping we'll have a better feel for our case once we do that. I know that as soon as we see her, all my fears will float away and I'll fall hopelessly in love with her. I just need to take it slowly to that path this time.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Holli

Melanie
10-01-2004, 04:21 AM
Congratulations Holli, she is beautiful. I am thinking of you and desperately wishing for a smoothe & speedy process.