PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic SIBLING (3) journal in Ukriane-completing now

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-26-2004, 06:42 PM
I don't think I posted this one yet...if I did sorry for the repeat. This group is from my team, and they have lucked out in that the Director of the orphange let them take the children for the nights etc... BEFORE court. Pretty much unheard of.
They seem to be doing great!

http://calledtoadopt.blog-city.com/

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER SENT TO UKRAINE-siblings

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

ismommy
09-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Neve,

Those children are beautiful. I can't wait until we are reading your blog. I see the dossier was sent. How long until the next step?

Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

NEVE and TRISTAN
09-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Sadly there is a huge uproar in the Ukraine process and rumors everywhere. There is some kind of election in early October that might cause a changing of the guard at the NAC (the place where EVERYONE goes to get their referals). Add to that that there was a suprise inspection there about 6 weeks ago and the NAC Director took either a "medical" leave of absense or an unannounced "vacation" for two weeks after and then rumors started that she is being over thrown.

There are some with dossiers in Ukriane since May that are being sent letters from the NAC and told to request an appt in 2005.
So mine will get there in early Oct and I am praying for an appt this year or early early early 2005. I can only hope that they have a soft heart for our situation and the pregnancy and that our facilitator is on her good side that day that he takes my dossier to her, and that she even stays in place till I got (since he does seem to have a good relationship compared to others).

So my hope is that I am getting some really preferential treatment, but you have to remember that these folks (post Soviet era)don't really have soft hearts for anyone...so I hope!!!!
My facilitator seems to feel it will work out. I can't even imagine if it doesn't. I hate to ask for any favors there but our pregnancy was found out AFTER our homestudy was complete and at INS so it's not like we planned this in anyway. If it wasn't for the pregnancy I'd be willing to sit back and wait my turn.

So cross everything for us...I am so nervous...
Oddly I can't even imagine coming home after delivering to these children not being here, it is not an image that I have even grasped so my world will be rocked if they don't fit us in big time...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER SENT TO UKRAINE-siblings

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

ismommy
09-26-2004, 10:01 PM
I have everything crossed and all sorts of good thoughts being sent your way.If I can do anything to help - please let me know. I don't know much about the procedures but am always willing to learn or at least listen.
hugs
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

sidmand
09-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi Neve,

I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you. That must be very torturous--especially when it's completely out of your hands.

I'll definitely keep sending positive thoughts your way that everything works out.

Take care,
Debbie

holliam
09-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Neve, I hope things work out, but trust me. When it comes to adoption, you can do things you never thought you could.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through the holidays. Never in my worst nightmares were we supposed to not have a child by now. But, somehow you make it.

Good luck!
Holli

hjdong
09-27-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry for the problems in the process. One thing I learned was that the rumors were never true until your agency (or facilitator) said they were true (and in Holli's case, sometimes not even then).

And there are always people with soft hearts, no matter how tough their situation. You just have to believe that ultimately most of them are working to get the kids home with families and will do their best to get them to you. Even though it always feels like their primary job is to make it harder for you!

My thoughts will be will with you.

Melanie
10-01-2004, 04:25 AM
I can't imagine how this wait must be for you. The Ukraine seems like it is more on the up and up than Russia, yet still there remain little shadows of unpredictability and uncertainty.

Hopefully you will speed through the process. I also can't wait! I hope you will share a blog with us.