PDA

View Full Version : If you find this offensive please consider writing or calling

malie
10-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Signals.com is selling the following shirt. It simply reads UP FOR ADOPTION

http://www.signals.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?randomizer=1713408197&action=detail&item=HA4622S

Many in (and outside) of the adoption community find the shirt to be well let's just say distastefully to say the least. If you do then will you consider writing the company or calling them

write or call the company...

1-800-669-9696. Ask for a customer
service representative or a customer service supervisor. You can also
call the company president's office:

Jared Florian, President
Signals
5581 Hudson Industrial Parkway
Hudson, OH 44236
1-330-656-3000 or
1-330-650-5000

I realize that taste is matter of personal preference but I think if you consider that a parent walking down the street or through the mall trying to explain to their child why someone is wearing the shirt (obviously another adult would understand it's a joke..a poor one but still a joke..a child on the other hand may not)

icunurse
10-13-2004, 07:10 PM
I emailed customer service and will pass it on to my friends.
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

sidmand
10-13-2004, 10:40 PM
I e-mailed them the following (I'll try calling as well, but I'm so much better at e-mailing!). I'm more than a bit horrified because I've ordered from their catalog and usually love their items:

I receive your catalog and usually love it, but your "Up for Adoption" t-shirt was brought to my attention and I can't believe you would carry an item in such poor taste for those of us affected each day by adoption.

After spending years teaching our children about the importance of adoption, it's bad enough to have it belittled in so many ways in so many places, but to have it on a t-shirt as a "joke" has to be one of the most awful things I have ever seen.

If you continue to carry this item, please remove me immediately from your mailing list.

Debbie

kransden
10-14-2004, 01:27 PM
It is gone! I love Signals and am glad they responded so quickly.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

malie
10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Yup less than 24 hours after a number of adoption communities got the word out. A lot better than most companies would be I'm sure :)

sidmand
10-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Just an FYI. This is the e-mail I just received from them:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback with regard to item HA4622, the "Up For Adoption" shirt. Due to an overwhelming response, we have decided to discontinue this item. It will not appear in any future catalog mailings and has been immediately pulled from our website. We apologize to anyone who has been offended by this item. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Signals Customer Service

Sasha Blust
What On Earth
Art & Artifact
Signals
[email protected]

I must say...I'm pretty impressed that they responded so quickly. Now I can look through the catalog and imagine all the things I want again!

Debbie

yellowdogmom
10-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Wow, while I'm not happy that they carried the tasteless shirt in the first place, I'm really impressed with their quick response and action. I've always liked their stuff.