PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan Adoption

Lucia
11-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Hi all,
I haven't posted on here in awhile because we were in the process of moving. A lot has happened for us lately. We finally made a decision about where to adopt from (Taiwan) and we got the process started by having our homestudy interview last week. We are very excited and also a little overwhelmed/anxious about all of the paperwork.

We decided to adopt from Taiwan for a few reasons. One is that Taiwan is only an hour flight from us (we live in Okinawa, Japan). We would like to take our son with us and this will be an easier trip than some of the other countries we were considering. Secondly, the Taiwan program is similar to domestic adoption in that the birthparents select the adoptive family. This means that we will have access to medical and family history. And most importantly, it just feels right....like our next child is waiting for us there, does that sound crazy?

We are lucky to have friends here who are also adopting an infant from Taiwan. So it will be nice to share this journey with them. I also joined the yahoo Taiwan adoption group and this is a great resource for advice and support. I would love to know if there are any families on this board who have adopted or in the process of adopting from Taiwan?

Hope you are all doing well,
Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

sidmand
11-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Hi Lucia,

I have no experience to share, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck! It's wonderful when things just start to feel *right* isn't it?

Debbie

Lucia
11-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Hi Debbie,

Yes, it does feel great when things start to feel "right"! We have been talking and thinking adoption for awhile so it feels great to actually start the paperwork.

Lucia

hjdong
11-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi Lucia, I have not adopted from Taiwan, but my cousin did, almost exactly a year ago. She has a beautiful baby boy.

I hope everything goes well,

crl
11-06-2004, 10:13 PM
We have not adopted from Taiwan (ds is from China), but I wanted to say congratulations on making your decision and getting started!

Melanie
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Congratulations, how exciting!