PDA

View Full Version : Well we have our application to start for our second child

malie
11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
We got the information for our social worker to fill out to update our homestudy but aren't planning to have the actual home visit and physicals until Jan so we were going to wait to "apply" to our placement agency until then but when I was checking something out earlier in the week I noticed that we could save some money by getting our application in this month (since National Adoption Month)

Doesn't mean that we will move the date up on updating our homestudy just means we will save some money

All things being equal based on my best guess it will probably be roughly 2 years until our next son is in our arms (referral time should be shorter than last but the wait for travel is longer) If it's less so be it but 2 years is what I'm going to estimate (and that actually is what it took for Luke although at the very start we didn't think it would be more than 15 months...and that's how long it took just to get a referral after our homestudy was done) so hopefully by Oct of 2006( sounds a long time away doesn't it)

icunurse
11-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Congratulations on starting again....here's hoping for a fast and easy process. We're going to start up again in a few months, so I guess both of us will see if it's easier the second time around :)
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

Kimberly H
11-12-2004, 06:03 PM
How exciting!

I still dream of another daughter from China but the funds, space and time aren't there right now so it's on indefinite hold.

I'll be here cheering you on!! Another boy or are you requesting a girl or going to be surprised??

hjdong
11-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Wow! Congratulations. people keep asking us but the whole thought of going through it again makes me a little nauseous. Two years does seem like a really long time. I imagine it's easier with Luke to keep you busy though!

malie
11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
We are requesting another boy and are actually glad that our agency allows you to request a boy no matter what. Chances are if we left it open we would get a referral of a boy (it's not that there are a huge number of boys placed over girls just that when everything factors in most of those who don't make a choice or who can't are matched with boys).

In the end it's sort of funny because I use to tell DH that I would like to have 2 girls and a boy (before adoption was even in our mind) because I felt a girl should have a sister (seeing as I have 4 I'm kind of bias) but when we decided to adopt we just got in our heads and our hearts to adopt boys. Not saying I wouldn't like being the mother of a girl because I'm sure I would but I love being a mother of a boy and I like the idea of Luke having a brother. So since we probably won't adopt a third child I'll just have to wait for granddaughters to dress little girls :)

Melanie
11-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Congratulations and hoping for an easy journey to your baby!

yellowdogmom
12-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Congratulations on your decision Malie! I can't wait to follow your journey to your next son. While fall of 2006 does sound like its far away, time flies and he will hopefully be in your arms before you know it!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-02-2004, 10:37 PM
I hope the time goes quickly!!!! I look forward to watching your journey!!!!

Hugs,
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan