PDA

View Full Version : leaving for guatemala tomorrow

holliam
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey gang,

I've been a lot less open about our current adoption than I was with our first attempt, but we leave early tomorrow morning to visit the girl we are hoping will really be our daughter.

We will be in Guatemala for a week visiting Wendy Marisol, whom we will likely call "Mari" based on her middle name.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. I haven't really had the strength to be that active or supportive around here with all our troubles, but thank you all for all the support you've given us. It means the world to us.

I had stopped posting a regular adoption blog because it had become too painful, but I am going to post one about this trip. So, please stop by. :)

Holli

Bethann31
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Holli,

I have been reading and thinking about you so much lately, for a whole variety of reasons. I just know this trip will be wonderful. Have you gotten any more news about the adoption or are you going to go down and give it a shove while you are there? I know this is the time of year when some adoptions speed up and some slow way down. My prayers are that yours is the former.

Have a WONDERFUL time and be sure to tell Mari about all her supporters who just can't wait to "meet" her when she gets home.

Beth

slknight
12-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Holli, I've been following your story and will look for your updates about your trip. I am wishing you the best of luck and happiness. I hope your visit with Mari goes great.

holliam
12-08-2004, 09:27 PM
We have been getting updates, but just haven't been posting them. You can't really shove anything with Guatemalan adoptions. :) They happen when they happen. Our timeline has picked up and is quite good now, but I'm not going to jinx myself by posting anything else, and the holidays slow everything down.

We are just going to enjoy some pre-holiday time with the babe.

Thanks so much everyone!

Holli

JElaineB
12-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Holli,

I hope your trip goes very well and hope you have a wonderful time with Mari. Please keep us posted when you can.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

malie
12-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Hey Holli, you know we understand your need to keep things closer to your heart this time and you know we are all thinking about you even when you don't post.

Just remember we are here if you need us.

Thinking about you and wishing you a wonderful trip

jk3
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Holli,

Wishing you all of the best on your visit with your daughter. Mari is a beautiful nickname. I hope the trip is fantastic. I know this is a memorable time. I'm thinking of you and your family.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jubilee
12-09-2004, 05:08 AM
Holli, I hope this trip is wonderful!! Hugs to you and Mari,

MelissaTC
12-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Wishing you all the best Holli. I hope you have a safe trip!

amp
12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
I am thrilled for you. I was heartbroken for you when you lost Lily and I know this must have been a difficult thing to open your hearts again, and yet something you HAD to do. You brought tears to my eyes with your description of Mari. Thank you for having the courage to share this journey with us.

Kimberly H
12-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Holli, I loved reading your MariBlog and am looking forward to the next installment. We're here for you, sweetie!

MamaKath
12-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Wonderful to hear that things are progressing. You are often in my thoughts and prayers.