PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this?!

icunurse
12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
I just caught this and had to share it. Just when you think society might be coming around, a major TV broadcasting network (though a tabloid one at best) creates this. Who thinks up this stuff?! Ugh.

http://www.comcast.net/News/ENTERTAINMENT//XML/1401_TV/3852504e-e06e-4511-917f-320bfa3685f8.html

Traci
~Connor's Mom~

Melanie
12-15-2004, 02:45 AM
Sounds like Jerry Springer.

malie
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Well I wrote my local Fox and Fox (because even if FOXTV doesn't pull the show it doesn't mean that my local station has to show it) That's the advantage of being an local station

dogmom
12-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Wow! And considered what a hardened cynic I am it takes a lot to suprise me. I particulary love the title "Who's Your Daddy?" Being from Boston with the whole Red Sox/Yankees Pedro pitching "Who's your daddy" chant, I wouldn't be suprised if they try to work into some Fox Sports tie in with Pedro.

So this girl/woman gets $100,000 if she picks out the right man from eight who is her father. Where does that fall on the whole reality TV pay scale? I mean, don't you get more than that for eating bugs on Fear Factor? I love the quote, "Our main focus was to see that it would be a positive experience and we were determined not to go forward with it if that was not the case." I'm assuming that means if they didn't sell the commercial spots it would be a negative experience and pulled. OK, my media cynicism is back to baseline. No wonder I only watch The Daily Show, Adult Cartoons & Sci Fi.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

Jacksonvol
12-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I was really appalled by this show as well. In what alternate universe did this test out as a good idea? And I always had the impression that Fox was a "family values", Republican voice, (note that is my impression only). How can they reconcile the two? Eyeballs on the screen? What company would want their products associated with this show? Yikes. I hope they rethink this thing.