PDA

View Full Version : Medical Kit

StephanieW
03-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Did anyone here purchase a medical kit for their overseas adoption? The Texas Med Kit is no longer sold so I am trying to find the product that replaced it.

TIA

Stephanie
Waiting mom

hjdong
03-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Stephanie - Here's the link http://www.adoption-agol.org/products.html. If you are able to get a Dr. to prescribe the antibiotics, it is cheaper to assemble the kit yourself. If not this is a great option. We, of course, like everyone, took everything under the sun, and used none of it. We left it, like most people, in Guangzhou. If you happen to be adopting from there, you won't need to bring any medicine.

HTH,

StephanieW
06-23-2005, 02:04 AM
In case anyone refers back to this. I also did not use any ofthe meds. Should have left it in Guangzhou,it was quite heavy. I brought it home and was goingto bring it to myPed to see if anything is worth keeping but I doubt I ever will.

But it was worth the peace of mind to have it with me.

mykidzmom
06-24-2005, 09:27 AM
We've adopted from Guatemala twice, and you don't need a prescripton for anything there. Luckily we didn't need anything. I too took everything in the world I could think of, and they had it all there in the pharmacies. Good luck! :)

austenfan
07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks for posting a follow up to this. I was checking to see if I should get one too.

Amy C-S