PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe we have to drive to Char. to get our fingerprints done

malie
03-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Well I can believe it actually and I understand it (well I understand the "logic" behind it) but the joke is that the Raleigh CCBI had the ability to do scanned prints but since the USCIS cut off all the outside fingerprint places in Oct..the only one left in NC is Char. The most annoying part of course is that we will have to take Luke with us. So instead of "zipping" downtown and being in and out in maybe 15 minutes..we will drive to Char. and wait with probably a million people (okay that's probably not quite true).

Now the nice thing is that the USCIS is actually going to open an office in Raleigh in August of 2006 (a little late for us but still it's nice) so at least someone is actually noticing that our state is just a little two big for one office.

On a nicer note our homestudy update is done (I think..our sw was suppose to finish it up Tuesday) so within the next couple of weeks we should be officially waiting for a referral again).

hjdong
03-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Congratulations! USCIS was the largest hurdle for us in the whole process. I think it's different with Korea, but with China, you have to have your approval prior to sending your dossier. 12 LONG weeks, with us driving into LA 3 times (1 1/2 hrs with no traffic). The first time, we got there and saw this huge (around the block) line waiting to get in. So, we waited in the line - hours - only to be told we didn't have to, there was a different entrance.

And who knows, maybe you'll end up using the Raliegh office down the road!

icunurse
03-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Yikes! Here's hoping for a nice slow day for fingerprints. (And a nice, short wait for your referral!)
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040204/2/2/4/-6/.png[/img][/url]

austenfan
03-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry & I certainly understand. We had to do the samething for ours in Nebraska. We even have a BCIS in our town, but they do not process I-600As, so we had to get our fingerprinting done in another city. Grrr. We had massive delays even getting our fingerprinting appointment scheduled. (((hugs))) We finally got our 171H on St. Patty's Day.

Amy

holliam
03-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh, you will be SO happy you have to go--it will prevent any other problems!

A year ago in January, we were able to do ours (non-scanning which is so dumb b/c they have the equipment) with the old ink/paper method in Raleigh last year. Well, I apparently have no fingerprints because we suddenly got this notice in March that I had to get them re-done in Charlotte, and it was just a huge mess trying to figure out what to do, when, and I was supposed to be having surgery... (gosh, this should have been my indicator that we were going to have a complicated adoption lol)

But! The Charlotte experience was a JOY! We left here really early and got there when they opened. They had a special line I was able to go in, and aside from the numerous re-dos the poor guy had to do on each of my fingers, we were in/out of there so quickly--20 minutes max? We spent the rest of the day shopping in Charlotte. The pear trees are in full bloom and just beautiful. :)

So, did you end up using Mandala for your hs? Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Holli

malie
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Holli,
You are thinking of someone use as far as using Mandala (although someone I know did use them for a domestic adoption), we have to use CSM since we are adopting from Korea through WACAP, we don't have a choice of the hs agency.

We have been fingerprinted twice in Raleigh with no issue (but I think the stupid part was the CCBI had the scan equipment it's just for some reason they could not use it with the USCIS fingerprints...very strange). I think if we had never been able to go to Raleigh for the first adoption I would not be so annoyed. (I'm not really that annoyed just that it involves half the day with driving there and back..as compared to the zippy trip into downtown Raleigh)

Still I'm glad that Raleigh is going to get their own USCIS office. Hopefully they will be able to do fingerprints for anyone once they open (the whole point of opening the office in Raleigh of course is because so many of the immigration needs come from the triangle area and the coastal area so it's not just about adoption)

But hey we got our updated homestudy in the mail today so chances are it will be at the USCIS office before we even get our prints taken which will be nice)

I can't wait to be officially waiting for a referral again

holliam
03-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Oops, duh! You're right I am mixing up all of us Triangle BBB adoptive moms-to-be. LOL

Hope it goes very smoothly!!

Holli