PDA

View Full Version : Gripe about Hallmark card. . .

tigalig
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Perhaps it was the manner in which I found this card, but I'm offended by one of Hallmark's father's day cards. I was with my children, shopping at the loca grocery store, when ds (born in a foreign country and now almost four) asked to see a card with a cat on the cover. I told him that it was a card for Dads from cats and he reminded me that we have a cat. So I picked up the card and here it is:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27487.jpg

I was so thankful that he cannot read yet. I complained at the store it was displayed and they assured me they would remove it. A week later it was still there so I bought it to scan it, post on adoption lists, and encourage you to call and complain about the “humor? Hallmark used on this particular card. I’m using the actual card to write to them and express my concerns. You can call Hallmark at 1-800-Hallmark (425-5627) (prompt #5, then #3 to get a live person).

Or you can write to:

Hallmark Card Program
P.O. Box 417003
Kansas City, MO 64141-7003

icunurse
06-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Two steps forward (card for Birthmother's Day) and then two steps back. Hallmark really advertises itself as adoption-friendly, but then they pull stuff like this. I'll be sending an email. Thanks for sharing.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting to adopt #2!