PDA

View Full Version : Gripe about Hallmark card. . .

tigalig
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Perhaps it was the manner in which I found this card, but I'm offended by one of Hallmark's father's day cards. I was with my children, shopping at the loca grocery store, when ds (born in a foreign country and now almost four) asked to see a card with a cat on the cover. I told him that it was a card for Dads from cats and he reminded me that we have a cat. So I picked up the card and here it is:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27487.jpg

I was so thankful that he cannot read yet. I complained at the store it was displayed and they assured me they would remove it. A week later it was still there so I bought it to scan it, post on adoption lists, and encourage you to call and complain about the “humor� Hallmark used on this particular card. I’m using the actual card to write to them and express my concerns. You can call Hallmark at 1-800-Hallmark (425-5627) (prompt #5, then #3 to get a live person).

Or you can write to:

Hallmark Card Program
P.O. Box 417003
Kansas City, MO 64141-7003

icunurse
06-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Two steps forward (card for Birthmother's Day) and then two steps back. Hallmark really advertises itself as adoption-friendly, but then they pull stuff like this. I'll be sending an email. Thanks for sharing.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting to adopt #2!