PDA

View Full Version : When the heck do ya stop bleeding?!

Fairy
10-25-2004, 01:13 AM
Guys, I've been bleeding for nearly six weeks. My six week check up is Tuesday. I had a c-section, and altho they pretty much mop you out, I knew I'd still bleed a while. But this seems excessive. Had bleeding trail off after a couple days, then got going again consistently for 3 weeks. Then it got brown and seemed to be the end. Then it got dark red again, and now it's still bright red with some small clots. What the?! Very light now, but still moments of somewhat heaviness once a day. Fill nearly a pad a day. Is this normal?

jillc
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Hi,

Yeah, that seems excessive. I had a c-section too, and bled for a while, but I remember that it had stopped a couple of weeks before my 6 month check up. Could the most recent recurrence be a period?
My baby was born in March, and I had a period in May, although I'm breastfeeding. Come to find out, it's fairly common to have one period & then they disappear for the main duration of breastfeeding...

Let us know how you're doing.

- J

Fairy
11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi, J, thank you for the reply! It took me seven and a half weeks, but I did stop bleeding. Then got my period at 10 weeks. The doc at my 6-week visit said he wasn't worried and that sometimes it takes quite a while to stop entirely and that if it got to be 9 weeks, then I should call. Thanks so much!

:-)