PDA

View Full Version : Morning vs evening bath?

luvmypeanut
10-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Does it matter? I've always bathed her in the morning and never thought twice about it until I interviewed a nanny and got the distinct impression that the evening bath is the way to go. Now the insecure parent in me wonders if I should change. Anyway, just wanted to hear anyone's thoughts. Thanks!

egoldber
10-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Many people use the warm bath as part of the nighttime ritual to get baby settled down. But Sarah often showers with me in the morning instead of taking a bath at night. It is totally your preference.

HTH,

emilyf
10-07-2003, 07:30 PM
I did morning baths in the beginning, but switched to evening when he got older although like Beth, I sometimes take him in the shower with me in the morning. I also don't bathe ds every day, it's not part of our nighttime ritual and I am kind of lazy about it, I usually try to get around to it every other day or so.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

momma_boo
10-10-2003, 10:49 AM
When I was home with DD for the first 4 months, I usually bathed her during the day b/c it was more convenient (the evenings were always a bit more harried). Now that I'm back at work, it has to be done in the evenings. But it isn't part of our bedtime routine.

babyparker
11-03-2003, 06:15 PM
All I know is the BEST piece of advise I received when trying to get my daughter on a routine is to give her a bath at the same time each night and continue with a night-time ritual.

I started to give her a bath everynight when she was 6 weeks old followed by a massage with lotion, changing into her pj's and then either a quick book or just rocking her for a few minutes and lastly a bottle.

Now at 7 months she knows exactly what I am going to do when we start with the bath. She is so ready to go to bed by the time we get to the bottle that some nights she could easily fall alseep on the changing table while getting dressed.

I can honestly say it was the best thing I have done. It gives us a routine and she loves every minute of it!

McQ
11-18-2003, 03:38 PM
Glad this is working for you. We do night time baths too.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Mommie2MadLyn
11-23-2003, 08:52 PM
We also usually do bath time at night. J&J Bedtime Bath Soap works wonders as far as calming Madison down at night. This is not necessarily part of a routine though. I never knew how to set a real routine, we are a pretty active family as far as being out and about and we never got into the habit of doing things at the same exact time everyday. I think everything is just a matter of preference and whatever works for you and your baby is best!

vikivoly
01-06-2004, 02:44 AM
I do the night time bath ritual also. I think the warm water is soothing and relaxing for the baby. That being said, you do what works for you.