PDA

View Full Version : having trouble with baby's skin folds

pganju
01-31-2004, 02:24 AM
Hi,
I am having a lot of trouble keeping my little girl's skin folds clean, especially the back of her neck. The skin is starting to look a little raw back there. I give her a bath every night followed by a massage. I really try to focus on all of her little folds, but I don't seem to be doing a very effective job. I would appreciate any advice.
Priya

infomama
04-15-2004, 04:56 PM
We had the same sitch with DD when she was a newborn. She was especially chubby so there seemed to be folds upon folds. We tried to place a small thin piece of cotton fabric (like an old pillowcase cut in strips) to seperate the skin and that seemed to help a bit. It wasnt until someone suggested a touch of baby powder (we used a medicated one by Johnsons)that we finally realized that those folds were really holding in the moisture and talc might help. Shake a little touch of baby powder (on your fingertips/away from baby's face-talc is really bad for them to inhale) and sprinkle it on her neck from your fingertips. Then rub it across her neck and it will find it's way into the folds. Worked for us....
I would suggest you check with you Ped first though...Just to rule out an infection or allergy.
Good luck

wcheng
12-21-2004, 10:13 PM
I also have this problem with my DD who's 5 months now. I use Johnson's baby powder with cornstarch ( a small amount on my finger, poured away from the baby's face). I have also used a little diaper rash cream but it was difficult to manuever into the folds.

anamika
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree with the PPs. Talc seems to be working for us. I've only tried it a couple of times but it seems to do the job. We use J&J lavender powder.
HTH,