PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for hair lotion for baby

stefani
09-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Hello,

My son (will be 1 year on Sunday) does not have much hair. I am wondering if there is any hair lotion that is safe for baby which will encourage hair growth & thickness.

Thanks.
Stefani.

proggoddess
10-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Probably not much, unfortunately. What you could do is perhaps brush his head very gently with a soft nylon-bristled brush to massage the scalp. Get the blood flowing and the skin stimulated.

But I think the speed of hair growth is mostly genetic and good nutrition.

becca13
06-17-2005, 11:19 AM
I agree with the genetics thing. Both my brother and I were relatively bald until we were almost 3 and now have nice thick hair. Maybe you can just find a funky hat? It would certainly be an improvemnt over some of the looks my mom created with my little wisps.

stefani
06-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks. I did find "Zwitzal" (spelling?) hair lotion in Indonesia, which my Mom used on my sister when she was little. But it was spilled out on the way back, so only very little was left.

O well, he has more hair now, but I still drool over other children with lots of hair (and curly, which makes it look like more hair, but which DS has no hope, both DH and I have straight hair, LOL!) DS somewhat doesn't like hat much (go figure, I don't either :-) so I have to get those spray-on sunscreen to protect his scalp.

I am glad to hear that you & your brother have nice thick hair now eventhough were relatively bald until almost 3. I hope that happens with DS, too.

jgriffin
06-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Probably a little late now, but maybe worth the comment....

A number of my friends who are Asian and Persian said that in their cultures babies are shaved completely bald, the idea being that the new hair would grow in thicker. And they seem to have really nice, thick hair, so maybe there is something to it.

Jen