PDA

View Full Version : Mouth area rash

EllasMum
09-30-2006, 12:02 AM
DD developed a rash that looks like little red bumps around her lips and chin. It is basically the area that is covered by her pacifier. I have tried limiting her pacifier use but it didn't seem to help the bumps. I read in another post about Aquaphor - would that possibly help? She has been using a pacifier all along, and this rash only came along about 2-3 months ago and sometimes is quite mild but other times has fairly angry looking red bumps. :( Any suggestions?

TIA,
Susan

megs4413
10-02-2006, 02:36 PM
it's probably increased saliva production with teething that is leading to the prickly heat rash on her face. is there white pus involved? if so i would say get that area dry and open to the air ASAP! it could be a yeast infection from the moisture and heat, BUT it's probably just skin irritation that it happening now because her saliva is increased and is making the area stay wet and since it's covered up...the skin gets angry!

I would try using a cream to act as a moisture barrier, but on the sensitive skin of the face, it may still give you trouble...what about using a soothie? is she open to switching types of paci's? a soothie may minimize the irritation cause it doesn't stay in contact with the face as much, though it does hit the chin in one spot.

sorry you're dealing with this...i hope you find (or have already found) something that works!!!

oliviasmomma
10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
I have a friend who has very good luck with breast cream! She uses it for everything and it almost always works.

danagee
11-21-2006, 08:18 PM
We use Aquaphor and it works really well.
I also suspect dd has an allergy to egg whites - whenever she ate something containing eggs, she'd break out the way you described.

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

cca
12-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Its probably irritation from the saliva. Our dd likes to walk around and eat and if you don't catch her and clean around her mouth she gets a rash that sounds like the one you described. Our doctor prescribed a 1%hydrocortizone cream to put on it when it gets the angry red bumps. the rest of the time we just try to keep it clean and dry.

HTH

-chetna