PDA

View Full Version : Baby Acne/ Dry skin

klevasseur23
10-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone!
I have a question? I just became a new mom a month ago, and yesterday i woke up and my baby had acne? I don't know what caused it? Has anyone ever had this problem and what did you do to try and help clear it up? He also has a lot of dry skin on his forehead, arms and legs, does anyone have any information about how to help this too? Thank you
Kira

juliasmom05
11-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Welcome. You might get more responses if you post in the Lounge, but I can share my experiences

I think baby acne is fairly common and I don't think there is much you can do for it. DD had a bad case of acne at around 6 weeks and it cleared up completely in about 2 weeks.
Our pedi told us to just wash her face with something like Dove for sensitive skin so as to not irritate it any further.

DD has dry skin as well. I think its partly because we live in the NE and it has gotten cold and we have the furnace on, so the house is dry. We use a humidifier at night in her room and also slather her in eucerin or aquaphor. Bathing everyday can also cause dry skin. Unfortunately, I cannot tell from your post whether it is just dry skin or something like eczema. Sorry, I have no experience with eczema.

HTH

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

BaileyBea
11-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi Kira,

Here's what I have learned about Eczema and baby acne.

1) Baby acne, It is caused by Mom's hormones and it's very common. Our ped. recommended Dove soap as well. DS had it so bad. Much longer than two weeks. We used Mustela Cleansing Lotion . We put the cleanser on a cotton ball and rubbed it all over DS's face and neck. Then we wiped off DS's face with a warm baby wash cloth. We did this three times per day and his acne looked better everyday.

2) Eczema - first try putting Aquaphor or Eucerin on all the dry spots. If this does not work, talk to your Ped. about a stronger medicated lotion to help. This will hopefully help keep it under control. If it doesn't help, talk to your Pediatrician and see what they suggest.

HTH,