PDA

View Full Version : Baby Eczema

mc13duke
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
I have a almost 5 month old baby girl, who has a bad case of eczema on her face (but not her forehead). She's had eczema for a long time, however, it only got really, really red after we used hydrocortisone for a week for the first time (cleared it up beautifully but then eczema was back the day after we stopped using it). After a week off of it, we tried again, but this time it did NOT clear it up completely. And, as soon as we stopped, the eczema came back as red as ever.

We use Cetaphil cleanser for her baths and face washings, we moisturize with Cetaphil creme and with a layer of Aquaphor on top several times a day. We also use Dreft laundry detergent on her clothing and All hypo-allergenic detergent on our clothing.

Is there anything else that anyone has found to work on stubborn eczema?

hellbennt
07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Is there any chance it's a food reaction? to milk and or soy proteins?
these are the most common...
I'm sure you've explored this, sorry :)

~laura in miami~
ds1 7/03
ds2 7/06

mc13duke
07-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I was thinking that I would cut out dairy. I didn't know that soy was a potential problem too. Thanks!

jacksmomtobe
01-18-2008, 12:21 AM
One recommendation is to use the hypoallergenic detergent on your child's clothing rather than dreft. I have sensitive skin and had to switch to hypoallergenic detergent many years ago. When ds was born I washed some of my stuff in dreft and had a reaction. I probably would not have realized the cause since I believed dreft to be ultra gentle until one of the Moms in ds's baby group mentioned her daughter's reaction to dreft.