PDA

View Full Version : Similac Alimentum 24.99 on net

Brody99
01-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Greetings all - Please excuse my etiquette if improper I am new to forum. My baby was just put on Similac Alimentum. I found it for 24.99 on the internet. Does any one have suggestions on where it could be obtained less expensively. I will not consider Ebay for safety reasons. Any help appreciated.

CarolynRS1
02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
I have lots of experience with Alimentum since my 18 month year old was on it and now my 4 month old is on it. Both had/have sensitive digestive systems.

I do not like the powder version of this formula. I noticed that it made both of my babies gassy. The regular liquid form of Alimentum seems to be easier on their digestive system. I also avoid buying the new "advanced" version of Alimentum due to gas (plus it is more expensive).

Sign yourself up on Similac's web site to get the coupons. Sign family members up as well so they can get coupons for you. Alimentum is very expensive so try to get as many coupons as you can.

$24.99 is not a good price for Alimentum in the powder form. I think that is actually on the high end. I think I have gotten it at the grocery stores for around $22-23.00.

I have seen 6 packs of Alimetum formula (liquid) sold at Babies R Us and BJs wholesale for good prices. Right now, Target is selling it for about $5.30 per can so I stock up on Alimentum whenever I go there. Kroger is also having a sale on most of their formulas and I am getting it for about $5-something per can. Alimentum in the liquid form costs anywhere from $7 to $8.50 per can when it is not on sale.

My first child was with a Pediatric GI Dr. I was told to switch from Alimentum to Carnation Good Start when she was 6 months old. Usually, the baby's digestigive system is mature by 6 months of age. I had to do this gradually--starting with a 75%/25% ratio and slowly adding a little more CGS to the mix eash day. My DD was weaned onto CGS with no problems. CGS's make up is like 75% Alimentum and 24% regular formula. It is also cheap and I have gotten coupons and good deals on it through wholesaler warehouses.

Ask your baby's Dr. if switching to CGS would be a good idea for your baby around 6 months of age. Don't pay for that expensive Alimentum longer than you have too!

Good luck! Please write if you have anymore questions :)

Carolyn
mom to
Kirsten 8/4/02
Kellie 10/18/03

kaos127
02-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Our Wal-Mart has Alimentum for $21.98, which, while still pricey, is a little cheaper. Now that may vary--the Wal-Mart in the next town charges a dollar more for it, but worth the look.

Another tip is to sign up on the Similac website--and have everyone you know sign up too! They will send you coupons for $1-10 off a can.

Kelly