PDA

View Full Version : bottles

ceng
10-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi! I am new to this website. I have a problem. My 14 week old DD was taking an occasional bottle up until 3weeks ago. I know she won't take it from me, but now she refuses to take it from anyone even if I'm not around. When she finally does take it, it is always a struggle and makes me feel horrrible. I am going back to work soon and am getting desperate. I have tried many bottles and nipples. When I return to work, I will nurse her in the morning and when I return from work in the evenings. It is the afternoons I am concerned about. Any advice?

jillc
10-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi,

We had a similar prb w/my DD. It tuned out that she would take a bottle from me w/just a little coaxing. She actually took it better from me than anyone else, and I know that's contrary to what everyone says. A friend of mine had the same experience. Maybe you should give it a shot.

Another thing that we found to be helpful was trying Nuk nipples. She liked the Nuk pacifier, so it turned out that she preferred the Nuk nipple shape, I guess. I just spent several afternoon's at my mom's house, and she patiently tried over & over, and finally Abby was fine w/the bottle.

Now she is fine w/taking one every few weeks.

Good luck. I know it's stressful.