PDA

View Full Version : Introducing texture foods

Lenox12
07-08-2004, 01:05 PM
My DD is 9 mo. and the Dr. now wants her to start textured foods (she has been on puree since she was 4 mo). Whenever I give her anything with texture she makes herself gag and tries to throw it up. Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do?

Thanks
Ann
Mom to Emma

crunchymomma
07-15-2004, 08:01 PM
She may not be ready just yet. I would try to purree the food just a little and gradually increase the texture as she seems ready. For example, you could try cottage cheese. My DD is 7.5 months old and the texture is too much for her just yet. But I use my hand blender and blend it until smooth and mix fruit with it. She loves it! The next package I buy I won't blend as smooth and see how she does.

Have you tried any finger foods yet? That might be another way to go. Canned or steamed veggies are good finger foods and you can control the texture on them.

Lenox12
07-19-2004, 05:30 PM
The Dr. thinks it might be acid reflex so we are going to try some meds. Thank you for your advice.

Ann

NewMom1212
10-08-2004, 06:09 PM
My son does this when he needs a sip of water. Some of the Stage three foods are really thick.

Lenox12
10-09-2004, 02:00 PM
It turned out she has stage three acid reflux. We are now trying meds. Some days she eats really well and other days she barely eats. She is now 1 and only weighs 16lbs 7oz.

Thank you for your help.

Ann