PDA

View Full Version : Picky eater at 7 months old

DylansMommy
03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi, I'm new to the message board. I'm a pharmacist and new mom. My son is just 7 months old. He has had acid reflux diagnosed since he was one week old. He was on Axid 3x/day and Maalox in between if he was having pain... at 4 months old he was switched to Prevacid and has been doing much better. We started solids around 4 months in an effort to keep the stomach acid down... rice cereal, then oatmeal. Mixed cereal seemed to bother his tender tummy. He got through all Stage 1 foods no problem and we're supposed to be moving on to Stage 2. Dylan is breastfeeding and goes to daycare where he gets expressed breast milk in bottles and gets fed oatmeal with fruit for breakfast and a little cereal with veggies for lunch, in between bottles. Last month he was refusing the bottle & the breast and would only eat his solids. He was taking in about 12-16 oz of fluid a day. Last week he was a better with the bottle, but now is tight-lipped, refusing the solids. He did gag and vomit last week at daycare during lunch. This weekend he's pushing the bottle away but will nurse. Right after eating, he is fussing and arching his back... I can't tell if his reflux is acting up... or he has a little stomach bug (no fever or diarrhea)... or if he's just being fussy... thoughts? We saw the doctor a few weeks ago and he's not concerned... but it's extremely frustrating and this poor kid seems like something's bothering him...