PDA

View Full Version : spitting up

kathleen65
10-15-2003, 10:01 AM
One of my 7 month old twins (4 weeks early) is still spitting up despite being on Zantac and Raglen. How long can we expect this to continue?

jbeamer
10-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Has he been diagnosed with reflux? My DD only spits up if she is overfed or has a reaction to the food she is eating. Have you noticed if it is all the time or with certain foods/formula? What about when sleeping? I also try to keep DD upright for about 30min after eating, this seems to help a lot. Have you checked possible allergies? I know this can cause spitting up. Sorry, not a lot of answers just suggetions. Hope he gets better soon.

sassygirl
01-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi! My 10 month old is still spitting up ALL the time. Like 20 times a day. And my doctor says he is a "happy spitter" (bc he isn't fussy and is gaining weight) and calls it a "social and laundry problem". But I am sooooo done with it! Now that he is on solids, it is chunky and colorful...not the simple white breastmilk. So, I don't know if it makes you feel any better but my doctor said it could go on until 12 months and at that point we will run some tests if it hasn't worked itself out. I think I'm going to get a 2nd opinion though! My other children had outgrown it by the time they could sit up by themselves. Good luck!