PDA

View Full Version : What about consistency?

Marissa
11-26-2003, 10:58 AM
My 3 month old son's BMs are very liquidy, with hardly any solid matter. It's not diarrhea, and he looks and acts very healthy - is gaining weight too fast for me to keep track. Is it okay?

mandye
12-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I can't compare your son to my daughter because she has pasty (like peanut butter) diapers, but I can tell you that my niece is 6 months old and her diapers are still pretty runny. They are kind of like mustard. I would think that if he is gaining weight and is acting healthy you shouldn't worry. If it really concerns you, call the ped and ask them.

mandy

amp
12-02-2003, 03:26 PM
My son's poop can run from fairly solid to somewhat runny. As long as he's eating regularly and not showing any other symptoms, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you are still concerned about it, feel free to call you ped or speak to the nurse for reassurance on what is normal.

christie699
12-31-2003, 11:11 PM
My son's BM's were mostly runny the whole time I was breastfeeding. Once you add solids to the mix, they'll firm up. :) If you're really concerned, talk to your pediatrician - I did, and he said they were fine as long as the baby was gaining weight.