PDA

View Full Version : I see carrot chunks in his poop!

LittleWarriorMom
10-21-2005, 10:30 PM
My son is now just over 10 months old. Up until 9 month of age, I fed him mostly pureed food except some snacks like fruit puffs or cheerios, etc to get him used to chewing. The I started making food that was much chunkier and I noticed that he is pooping all the chunks right out as if the food wasn't digested at all. This does not seem normal to me so I went back to more "pureed" form of food with very little chunks. My question is if I see chunks like that, does that mean his digestive system is not ready for such chunks or would it go away if I continue to feed him chunkier food? He was 5 weeks early but even so, he would be 9 months old if I made the adjustment to gestational age.

Thanks,
Hailey
Evan 12/10/2004

Fairy
01-17-2006, 12:45 PM
HI there. This is very late, and I'm sorry for that. I find this board to be very rarely used, so I tend to find forums to post in other than this one. Now that I've seen this one, I'll tell you that I think it's normal. Make sure the carrots -- even for him now at this age -- are soft, like canned ones, or very well cooked, and the chunks will break down better. Plus, they'll be easier for him to eat. When he gets more of his teeth, specifically the 2nd set of 8, which are more molar-y, he'll do even better at chewing, and you'll see fewer chunks. However, with my guys, who is three months ahead of yours, I still see chunks, albeit smaller. Hope this was helpful.

kelly_austin
01-29-2006, 11:37 PM
I think it's fine...i can remember changing my neighbor's son's diapers a lot at that age and they always had chunks in them! I mean, you could still perfectly recognize exactly what he ate. kids at that age just don't chew like we do...don't worry.

manatee
04-28-2006, 01:00 PM
My dd's poop is this way also. I asked my ped and he said it was fine.