PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Poop burning skin off her butt! (x-post butts)

mommyoftwo
10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't know what is going on with Linnea but she is having the most toxic bowel movements and tons of them (yesterday she had six or seven). For the last 2-3 weeks, every time she poops, it is burning her skin. Yesterday she had a poopy diaper that I didn't catch right away. I finally figured it out because she was sobbing and inconsolable. Her bottom was fire red by the time I changed her and she screamed when I tried to wipe her. This morning when I changed her, all of her skin is blistered and peeling. She hits the roof when you go near her butt, the poor thing. I've been putting diaper rash balm from northern essense on it (the non TTO/LO stuff) and I've also used desitin and aquaphor. None of them seem to be the perfect solution. So is there anything I can do to avoid the rash in the first place and what do you think the best way to treat it is? FWIW, I don't think he diet has really changed at all so I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

Jessica

SnuggleBuggles
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
It sounds like a raging case of thrush. Call your pediatrician for advice on OTC (Lotramin) or a prescription for Nystatin. I have used the Nystatin when ds had a very similair sounding rash and it took care of it in less than a day. I'd stop using your other thhings till them- especially Desitin b/c I bet that stings w/ all those chemicals in there.

Beth

mommyoftwo
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not yeast. We've had many issues with yeast in the past and I'm pretty well versed in dealing with that one. However, it doesn't hurt to treat for it just in case so thanks for the suggestion. Probiotics definitely works the best for us in dealing with that one and I always keep it on hand just in case it pops back up again. Prescription meds never touched it for us for some reason.