PDA

View Full Version : MartiesMom how did she do w/ the earlier bedtime???

cchavez
09-10-2003, 07:31 AM
DS had a horrible nite last nite. HE was up 5x's from 7:30 to 11:30!!! And then up again at 3:30/4:00 to eat and up for the day by 6ish!!! See full story in the BB lounge!!!

MartiesMom2B
09-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Christine:

I feel like we're soldiers fighting the war of sleeptime. I saw your post in the lounge and popped in here to see if you posted anything on here. I'm wondering if there is a thing that happens with sleep around 4 months. I experienced a change in Martie because she was much harder to put down. My pal Lizajane had problems with her son too.

So I wrote out a sleep journal. She did go to sleep at 7:00 and then woke up at 8:00. I nursed her but she was turning away and was really tired so I put her down in the crib at 8:30 and she talked to herself until 8:45 and cried from 8:45 to 9:00 and was out for the night.

Yesterday she took 6 naps. Some of them were for 20 minutes and then we had a few over an hour. In the afternoon she slept from 4:00 - 5:15, so I was scared that she would go down for sleep late. So what I did was change her diaper, fix a meatloaf for the over really quick, gave her bath, and nursed her and then read her a book.

And then DH didn't put the fan on last night so at 4:30 in the morning I heard her mobile go on. About 15 minutes later DH says "Do you hear her mobile" No duh. I told him to put on the fan. She cried to get up and nurse at 6:30 fell asleep after draining both boobs and is still asleep. Did it work?????

Christine - let me know how things go with you.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

cchavez
09-10-2003, 12:24 PM
Well, I hope we both our chidlren sleep better tonite!! Like I said that that DS was an awesome sleeper but he was doing much better before his 4 month vaccinations. DH comes home tonite so maybe that will help too!

Karenn
09-10-2003, 10:19 PM
I just had to pipe in to say that I think Sonia's right on target! I'm convinced there is something developmental that happens around 3-4 months and that either your child becomes a sleeper...or doesn't! That's when all of our sleep issues started too! You guys will figure out what works though, I promise! Wouldn't it be nice if there were just one sleep formula that worked for every baby? Good luck!

MartiesMom2B
09-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Christine:

How was your night? Any better?

Martie went down for the night at 9:40. She did take an hour nap from 6:00-7:00 before hand. I tried putting her down earlier at 8:30, but she wouldn't have it and screamed and screamed.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Dcclerk
09-11-2003, 11:17 AM
The idea that something happens around 3-4 mos. makes me feel better. My DS just turned 3 mos, and though he was never a good sleeper, he has become painful-- up every 2 hours from 7:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. I was tried the Baby Whisperer method to see if I could get him to wake up just once in the middle of the night since I have to go back to work in 3 weeks, but frankly that seemed to cause him more trouble rather than less. I just told DH that I was going to let the whole sleep issue go for the next month and re-visit it again after that. How do moms survive on this?!!

cchavez
09-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Our nite wasn't too bad. DH got home around 6pm and played w/ DS until 6:30. After that we did the bedtime routine and he was drowsy and in his crib right after 7pm! Then the crying started DH went up to comfort him and then put him down and he was off to sleep on his own by 7:30. But his pattern lately has been that he need to be comforted at least once before we will fall alseep. He then woke up at 3:30 but fell alseep on his own. Yeah! But was up at 5 AM for a feed and after about 45 minutes he fell asleep on his own and sleep until 7 am.

But today's naps have sucked! 30 minutes and 40 minutes! Oh, and for the 2nd one I had to rock him to sleep, no putting him down drowsy! He is quite cranky right now. Hopefully the next one will be longer. Even if I have to intervene and rock him again!

Did MArtie sleep all nite though?

OK finally get to finish my post....we went upstairs for nap #3 and he cried annd cried in my arms. I put him in his crib (crying) and I said I will go downstairs and check on him in 5 minutes. When I went back to check he was asleep! Hope it is a long nap....what I do sometimes esp for the afternoon nap, I get him as soon as he wakes up and then I rock him until he falls asleep again and then put him down. Yesterday I did that and he slept another hour...but that also means I am stuck in his room until he wakes up so I can intervene!

So do you let Martie CIO at bedtime? We have not done this yet and this is only the 2nd time I have done it for a nap. I am certainly not against CIO but dont' know if I am ready to do it. He had been doing so well falling asleep on his own for awhile I was thinking we wouldn't have to do it. I guess it is wishful thinking.

BTW, there is hope....my neighbor's son was getting up 2-3 times a nite until 11 months. At 11 months she did Ferber and he now falls asleep on his own and sleeps all thru the nite!!