PDA

View Full Version : How long do you give your baby to fall asleep for a nap?

mharling
09-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Just looking for other's experiences here.

As long as he is happy, I will leave ds in his crib up to an hour. If he starts crying, I go in right away. Based on his needs, I decide to either give up on that nap or just soothe him for a little bit. When he does fall asleep, he sleeps really well (usually around 2 hours). Even if he doesn't fall asleep, I figure it's good for him to have quiet time.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

cchavez
09-16-2003, 02:41 PM
DS does not fall asleep on his own for naps...only for bedtime. I have to rock him and lately he scream while I rock him. After he gets (really)drowsy, I put him down and he drifts off on his own. Naps have been a pain lately but for awhile there they were awesome!

MartiesMom2B
09-16-2003, 09:06 PM
If she's happy in there I'll leave her in there as long as possible. When she's whiney, I give her a half an hour. Martie now gives a whine when she wants to go sleep. If I try to play with her or ignore the whine it turns into a full blown scream.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

KUvsOU
10-14-2003, 04:04 PM
As long as he is happy, I just leave my son alone. If he is fussing or crying, I know this sounds crazy, but I try to figure out the type of cry. There is a certain cry he has (and luckily does not use very often) and I know he either will not go the sleep or back to sleep so I usually get him up.

Shawna
Mom to Cade 6/16/02