PDA

View Full Version : Whose child is this that is sleeping thru the night?

houseof3boys
09-24-2003, 10:21 AM
I am astounded that Ryan is all of a sudden sleeping anywhere from 7-9 hours a night! He did it right before his 3 month growth spurt for about a week and the last 2.5 weeks, he's been up twice a night typically to nurse. On Sunday when we got home from our beach vacation, he slept until 7 am! I woke up around 6:30 and freaked when I saw the time. Of course I thought evil thoughts and ran into his room to check on him and he was just sleeping away. He stirred last night a few times around the 4:00 am hour but fell back asleep so I follwed his lead and did the same! He woke up around 6:15 and had done a 180 in his crib (always cute to see him progress past the 90 degrees that he usually does). He was just as happy as could be and was dying for me to unswaddle him so he could devour his hand. Can't get the shirt up fast enough sometimes! I know they say when the start to sleep longer they are supposed to make up for the missed feeding(s) by nursing longer or more frequently during the day...he has not done this. I am not going to worry about it too much since he eats whenever he wants throughout the day and isn't starved. I am just amazed that he is sleeping and I am back to a more normal sleep schedule myself!

I think I will still partake in our mommy/Ryan/Gordon (our hound doggie) 3:00 nap though since I just love it and look forward to it everyday. :)