PDA

View Full Version : Naps

SeaSchorr
10-31-2003, 02:02 PM
My 9 week old will not nap in his crib during the day. He will nap in the pack n play, bouncy seat, or swing, but I really want him to nap in his crib. He starts day care in 3 weeks and I am hoping to have him successfully sleeping in his crib. Today, he screamed for almost 45 min. and once I moved him to the pack n play he fell right asleep. He sleeps fine during the night in his crib and we have no problems putting him down at night. Any suggestions? Thanks!

jodyrsmith
11-12-2003, 12:40 PM
I was just wondering why you want him to nap in his crib? It seems that he will take naps in other places and the crib at daycare will not be the same as your crib anyway. I want my son to nap in his pack n play, but he doesn't very well. He likes to nap in his car seat or swing. I tried to fight it for a while and realized he was happy. I also realized if he sleeps in his car seat, I can bring him to another room with me if I want to do something. I actually haven't tried to put him in his crib to nap. Because he goes to bed a night so well, I decided to keep nighttime sleep seperate from naps. I don't know if I am doing it "right", it just seems to work for him and I. Just my thoughts. You may have a good reason you want him in crib.