PDA

View Full Version : How to get a baby back to crib and on schedule?

MartiesMom2B
11-02-2003, 03:26 AM
It's 3:00 AM and I can't sleep. Martie simply refused to sleep in her crib again last night and tonight. She screamed and screamed. Letting her fall asleep and carrying her to the crib didn't work nor did CIO. So I made DH bring her to our bed again, after she fell asleep I thought I could put her in the pack n play, nope she cried again. I brought her into bed and then left because I couldn't take DH's elbow in my back and DD's elbowing me in the front. The lack of restful sleep is making me very irritable. Any suggestions?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

agomalley
11-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Sonia,
It must be the age!!! My DS, Ryan, was born on 4/9 and we've been having problems with his sleep for the last 6 weeks. He's been doing OK going down, but wakes up every night at 3:30. We've tried CIO, rocking, walking around the house,etc. The only thing that has seemed to help is nursing him and letting him sleep with us. Maybe the whole separation anxiety/teething thing is coming into play. I've finally resigned myself to the fact that if I can't get him back down, he'll just end up with us. Hopefully, he'll pass through this stage without it developing into a habit.
Good Luck :)
Anabelle

mandye
11-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Have you tried the Ferber method? You put DD to bed and let her cry for 5 minutes and then go calm her down without picking her up (rub her back, give her a pacifier if she uses one, talk to her, sing to her, etc.). When she is calm again you leave. If she starts to cry again wait 10 minutes and do the same thing. Then wait 15 and so on. The next night start at 10 minutes and increase increments by 5 minutes. The next night start at 15 minutes. We used this with our DD and it worked wonderfully. After a week she was sleeping through the night. She isn't as old as Martie so I'm hoping it isn't an age thing. Good luck.

Mandy
mom to Hailey 8/21/03

MartiesMom2B
11-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! She's actually back in the crib. Hooray. The first couple nights were very tough, but DD has been in the crib for two nights straight. I'm looking forward to getting back to where we were when I could just put her in the crib and she'd fall asleep with no fussing. What I'm dreading is our upcoming trip during Thanksgiving. My parents don't have a crib, so I'll have to try sticking with the pack n play.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03