PDA

View Full Version : 7 Mos and still not sleeping through the night

Jen in Chicago
01-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Things were better for a long time. He was getting up once (around 1 am normally) between 6:30/7pm and 6am. This week has been bad! Last night he went down at 6:30, and at 11 or so he was up and WIDE awake. I let him cry for 15 minutes, and finally got him. He would finally fall asleep rocking, but would wake when I laid him down. I was up until 1 something with him. He was happy when I was holding him. He was not hungry. I gave him Infant Tylenol and that did not knock him out. He was up at 4 and drank 6 oz (normal). He woke for the day at 7am. DH has been traveling this week. He will be coming home to a zombie! Serious sleep training starting Sunday!!!

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I am OK with one wake up. 6am is OK for him to get up b/c this way we don't have to wake him to take him to daycare.

During the day he is napping approx 1 hr in the am, and 30-45 in the pm. Yesterday he did not take an afternoon nap, which is RARE.

amp
01-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey Jen - I know you frequent the BBB too, so do a search there in the lounge or on the whole board. I thought, naively, that my baby was doing so great sleeping at night, that I didn't have to read all of the posts of women saying their babies were suddenly waking at night around 7 mths. Guess what, it's happening to us too. I know there are threads on this over there. I just ignored them up until now. Good luck!

Jen in Chicago
01-14-2004, 10:39 AM
After partially following the book, we are getting full force into "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." Last night we did have to CIO for 40 minutes (I was doing the yo-yo thing checking him and DH was on the couch reading the book for the first time), but he slept through the night for the FIRST time AND he woke up so happy. He always is happy when he wakes, but today he was more than usual. The 40 minutes last night were hell, but it paid off.