PDA

View Full Version : Good books for specific sleep issues

hellokitty1
01-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Sydney is approaching 9 months and there are some specific sleep issues we want to address...

-She relies on being nursed to sleep at night. Obviously, DH and I would like to break this.
-She now takes bottles of formula during the day (BF only first feeding in AM and last feeding at night) and can fall asleep to nap this way. She could probably fall asleep at night with a bottle too but I'm stil nursing at that session.

There are times she has gone to sleep without a "dependency" but it's not often and we don't know how to reproduce it. I know there are other parents that can just lay their tired child in the crib, say goodnight and walk away and their baby goes to sleep. And we'd like to be one of those kinds of parents.

So do you all have any sleep book suggestions that specifically address the issues I mentioned above? Or even your own experiences? I'm open to all types of methods. FYI, DD will suck her thumb sometimes but only when prompted. For example, sometimes she'll cry in the car but then stick her thumb in her mouth and fall asleep. But of course, we don't want to drive her around town to fall asleep.

TIA!

Edited to add that Sydney does usually sleep through the night. (Gosh, I hope I didn't just jinx myself.) Just have to get her to sleep first. :)